Sheepskin seat cover from Sheepskinshop

RSavage

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone have any experience of buying a sheepskin seat cover from http://www.sheepskinshop.co.uk/

Just received one for the front seat of my 2011 R1200GSA and it won't reach down the sides. Getting no replies to emails to Mr Afforde.

TIA

Richard

Anyone willing to do a bit of diy, checkout the Ikea sheepskin cushion cover. Bought mine for £15.
Tom

Anyone willing to do a bit of diy, checkout the Ikea sheepskin cushion cover. Bought mine for £15.
Tom

Good idea Tom.

I have a, rather ragged, chunk of sheepskin that I strap across the seat but fancied a fitted cover in better, i.e. denser wool.

My original post was designed to find out if others have had difficulty with his covers not fitting. I have since phoned him.

Richard

What is the benefit of having a sheepskin seat cover?

What is the benefit of having a sheepskin seat cover?

I'd seen them on bikes in Europe but was sceptical. I acquired a bit of old sheepskin rug to experiment with, cut it to shape and sewed a couple of straps on. I was very impressed by the comfort and, as JoeC says, the ventilation between bum and seat. It's also comfy in the wet. The covers sold by Sheepskinshop are made from Merino wool which is much denser than my bit of old rug so should be even more comfortable. I've tried Airhawk seats but found that they made the contact between me and the GSA even more distant than it normally is whereas the sheepskin has only a little amount of sway IYSWIM. Also, being synthetic, they offer little ventilation.

Richard

IIRC I bought one for my R1200R which had the same problem you have so I returned it.

Sam Manicom did a piece on how to make one in last month's motorcycle sport and leisure.

I'd seen them on bikes in Europe but was sceptical. I acquired a bit of old sheepskin rug to experiment with, cut it to shape and sewed a couple of straps on. I was very impressed by the comfort and, as JoeC says, the ventilation between bum and seat. It's also comfy in the wet. The covers sold by Sheepskinshop are made from Merino wool which is much denser than my bit of old rug so should be even more comfortable. I've tried Airhawk seats but found that they made the contact between me and the GSA even more distant than it normally is whereas the sheepskin has only a little amount of sway IYSWIM. Also, being synthetic, they offer little ventilation.

Richard

Thanks for the explanation

sheepskin

been using one for about 5 years now, it works well. got the sheepskin from Ikea.

IIRC I bought one for my R1200R which had the same problem you have so I returned it.

Sam Manicom did a piece on how to make one in last month's motorcycle sport and leisure.

Thanks ShakeyBMW.

When I spoke to Mr Afford he expressed surprise that it doesn't fit as he says it (for the GSA) is his biggest seller. He has refunded my money and I'm waiting for a returns label which is via MyHermes so I have little doubt that the parcel will never arrive ;-)

Cheers

Richard

Back
Top Bottom