Scottish Bike Show 11/12 March

Might go, although the recent spate of bike thefts in and around Edinburgh might preclude me going by bike.......

Al

I'm in Edinburgh next weekend to watch the England v Scotland rugby on the pubs telly with some Scottish pals. I'm tempted to do the show on the Sunday, how good is it? How does it compare to the NEC one at Brum?

Yes, I'll be there. Probably on the Saturday (its just around the corner from me :augie).

How does it compare with Brum ?? I haven't been to the show at the NEC for a few years but I'd say Brum is better if you want to see current range bikes. Scotland is probably better if you want tools or clothing. The 'Classic' show is excellent as well if that floats your boat :thumb.

The Scottish weather is unpredictable as well ;).

Bob.

Right about the weather, twice we went up and the stunt shows were cancelled due to snow and the last time we went up it was on a Sunday a few years ago, a 110 mile drive and got turned away at the door as it was closed due to bad weather !!!!!!!!!

I'm in Edinburgh next weekend to watch the England v Scotland rugby on the pubs telly with some Scottish pals. I'm tempted to do the show on the Sunday, how good is it? How does it compare to the NEC one at Brum?

It's pish. You'd have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing. Stay in the pub. :D

Went last year Andy (despite being warned not to...), won't be going this year, not from this far up. If I lived closed I may have gone but Nah, not for me cheers!

Andy

It's mince and usually freezing, if it was a summer event it would be much better

Neil W it closed due to h&s or so that Baur could claim on the insurance; depends who you want to believe.
Interestingly Honda boycotted for couple of years.

It's ok for a small regional show, which may not go down well but is the truth of it.

IAM might be doing course for £99 for those who sign on the day.

Fuckin pish show, apart from the classic bike bit, always freezin in pishin, stay in a boozer with a telly for the rugby, should be nail biting .

If a lot of the show is outside I don't think I'll bother, so the pub looking good then, not sure which one yet. I used to like Berts in William street, or maybe Mathers but not been in either for a while.

Yes going, start of biking year for me, maybe not as good as the NEC (definitely not) but a day out on bikey stuff for £13. Use it or lose it asaiac. :thumb2

The Grampian motorcycling extravaganza in Alford, Aberdeenshire is probably the best event now in Scotland, in September and usually nice weather. Nice roads up from central belt and beyond :beerjug:

It's pish. You'd have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing. Stay in the pub. :D

It is pish, but I put my name down for IAM stand duty on Saturday afternoon, so at least I get in free :flag

Back
Top Bottom