Just passed and picked up Triple Black - feeling blue !

richmondrider

Reaction score
A month ago tomorrow (4th March 2017) I became the proud owner of a 2016 R1200 GS Triple Black. Great bike, one previous owner (just 1,100 miles) with lots of touratech extras and full GSA luggage.

Everyone has a story I guess and mine has been tough going over last ten years, particularly the last two years (some serious/challenging stuff you wouldn't wish on anyone.)

So part of the journey to recovery has been counselling and one thing I was advised was to enjoy life, do something just for me - just because!

That's easy to say and put in a sentence but takes a big step change for me.

In October 2016 I took that step, booked myself onto rider training with a goal to have my full license by the end of the year. I passed my final test on Friday 30th December - with just enough time/gap between the fog to take the test.

I then researched what bike would suit my needs, not just what looked good, and on Sat 4th Feb I picked up my triple black.

I also bought a Nav V (dealer offer) and yesterday received and fitted a heated Sargent seat.

I have had w/c 13th March booked off for months now and this has been a lifeline, counting the days and reminding myself of the positive changes made so far and a holiday/tour on my new bike would be time for me. In front of me as I write this I have a copy of Bikers Britain, still open on Ride 68 - On Top of the World.

Last night my bike was stolen, from Sheen Road in Richmond, Surrey from the bike parking bay between 20:10 - 21:10, I can’t quite believe it and whilst its just tin and insured I’m now at a loss on what to do, I have some holiday time booked with no bike, the sat nav went, as did the new seat which I must have owned/used for about 60mins before it all went.

I was hoping my first post on here would be a positive one and i know things will sort themselves out, ok its a first world problem I have, but given the past, the personal challenge, how hard I had to work to afford to buy and the lifeline of that holiday time to ride a bike and for a short moment forget all the worries of life would bring has been dismantled because someone decides to just take whatever they want, with no regard or respect to others.

I know I’m not the first or the last but for today I’m really not sure what to say, feeling like its a corrupt world we live in and no idea what to do on March 11th.

Steven

What an absolute bastard, no one deserves that.

Sorry to hear your sad news. Hopefully, the police will find it safe and all together - keep thinking positively!

I'm sorry to hear this it's a total bas@ard any hard to believe. If I had a spare bike you could borrow it with pleasure. Don't let it put you off another gs but maybe get a tracker or a fecking big chain?

Such sad news I hope it turns up and what ever happens don't let them beat you get another bike for your trip if necessary even if it's an old one to get you by.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Keep your head up mate, you'll be surprised how good the people on here are. They never fail to make me see the bright side of things on most days.

Just keep thinking what a positive effect it was giving you. Work through the insurance. accept it may cost you and get back to where you were.

Thanks guys, irony is I contacted BMW on Tuesday to enquire about getting a tracker fitted but didn't hear back and didn't have time to chase - now regretting that. My brother said the same, i.e. not to give up on a new hobby but when I look at the you tube videos today of bike thefts in London) I question what on earth is going on, surely the punishment for getting caught is too lean when you see the number of bikes being stolen. An off duty policeman walked past and stopped to talk to me, seeing me just standing there with helmet in hand and confused look on my face. He said being off duty even if he saw something he couldn't chase them in case they hurt themselves, basically saying he personally was frustrated by that restriction which just seems crazy the law expects what to happen, wave them off goodbye? Once I get past the March week perhaps I can pick myself up again, as I say, its not the biggest thing going on in the world - I just have my own personal challenges and this hasn't exactly helped.

See if any of the fly and hire companies have a slot. Atlas Mountains morocco? Not on your bike, but on a R1200GS and you'll have a shiny NEW one when you get back.

Your bike is insured with all the touratech stuff, so you'll get it all back.

Mates been with these guys and rates them
https://www.facebook.com/GlobeBusters/

But I'm sure there are others.

Other than that, train to wales for the off road skills ? (again ring up see if they have a cancellation?)

Really sorry about the theft - what an absolute bastard. Hope things get sorted pretty quick...:beerjug:

Shit, sorry to hear that. Which dealer did you buy the bike from?

I got it from InMoto based in Croydon, the previous owner had GS's for years and decided to swap for something different, he went for Moto Guzzi.

Go to your dealer. Tell them what happened. Point out that you just may be buying yet another bike from them shortly, and could they fix you up ?

I got it from InMoto based in Croydon, the previous owner had GS's for years and decided to swap for something different, he went for Moto Guzzi.

I'd be happy to speak to my contact at BMW to see if they could lend you a bike for your trip, if you would use them to supply your replacement bike when the insurance pays out.

Sorry to hear that.

Spend a day/evening/whatever time you have walking around a mile or two perimeter from where the bike was stolen.

Common theme is steal, dump locally, and then go back in a couple of days, thus proving there is no tracker on it.

That just absolutely sucks! I hope you get sorted out. Have a look and pragmasis chains etc. If you have to park it on the street.

I'd be happy to speak to my contact at BMW to see if they could lend you a bike for your trip, if you would use them to supply your replacement bike when the insurance pays out.

Do it! I'd love to see a happy end to this guy's story, I hope that those responsible for stealing his bike ride it, crash, die!

Back
Top Bottom