Just passed and picked up Triple Black - feeling blue !

My contact hasn't heard from the OP yet. :nenau

Oh well.:blast

You can bring a horse to the river but you can't force one to drink it :nenau

Good on you for trying though, most wouldn't bother including myself........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the OP is ok, seems to have vanished, excellent response from people on here. :clap

Hi Guys, So sorry I have been away (work) just landed in Edinburgh (work again) and grabbed a few mins at airport because guy I am meeting with is delayed. Thank you Nutty for taking so much time, trouble and consideration - I can give him a call tomorrow (today I am back to back until 7pm) but not sure what I will do with regards to replacement bike - feels like an underground nuclear bunker to store it in, doesnt really work if all I do is worry about the bike being stolen. I am considering renting a garage, if I can find one, but need 5mins to be able to get some thinking time. Sorry this is a rushed note, people now waiting for me, just wanted to respond having seen the messages and kind support.

Good to hear you're about I'd say look at your holiday first, planning on where to put a new bike second!

What has the world become when things like this happen??? Sorry to hear about your news friend. I live by the belief that everything happens for a reason...we just never know whether this maybe prevented something much worse?

Let us know what happens.

Hi Guys, So sorry I have been away (work) just landed in Edinburgh (work again) and grabbed a few mins at airport because guy I am meeting with is delayed. Thank you Nutty for taking so much time, trouble and consideration - I can give him a call tomorrow (today I am back to back until 7pm) but not sure what I will do with regards to replacement bike - feels like an underground nuclear bunker to store it in, doesnt really work if all I do is worry about the bike being stolen. I am considering renting a garage, if I can find one, but need 5mins to be able to get some thinking time. Sorry this is a rushed note, people now waiting for me, just wanted to respond having seen the messages and kind support.

Glad you're ok. :thumb

Let us know what Dean says tomorrow.

Hi, Ok nothing like last min (Wed was a 21.5 hr day so paints a picture of what limited time I sometimes have) - Discussed with Dean and they don't have a bike available with pannier mounts, the GSA is too popular to rent out for the week, I could rent a RS for £650 but no luggage option. I could that cost free but would have to commit a deposit on a new bike now, which is a little early to call on a) what exactly do I want if ordering new and b) still outside chance (slim) my bike will be recovered. Iain from roadtrip had seen the post messaged me, so I called them today and spoke to Keith to discuss hire, he was really helpful and also reduced the cost, decided to go for a fully loaded RT in the end, something a little different (no GSA option). My brother cant join me on his Super Duke as had an ear operation pulled forward so travelling on my own, so I'm still planning to head north with a view of reaching Scotland. I'll book first hotel tonight to break up the journey and then have more time to setup the next destination/hotel from there. It's not quite what I had planned but I'm sure once I get underway it'll be a great experience. Thank you all for your support, once insurance is settled I can then set about the difficult choice of a nearly new or new replacement - ahead of that I intend to find a secure garage to rent and whatever I end up you can be sure with will have a tracker fitted before I head anywhere near the tarmac - I'm not collecting it without! Keep you posted....

Hi Guys, I have a rented RT and whilst I don't like it anywhere near as much as my GS (that's not to say it's not a good, just not my thing) I'm having a great time the B6160 into Aysgath was so good I stayed extra night to do it again heading to Loch Lomond tomorrow - so far it's been blue skies and clear twisty roads. Went to Alan Jeffries dealership yesterday, great guy (Steve Coleman) was really helpful, I took a RS out for a spin, great fun but not sure it's my number one choice. I had a 2016 GS triple black which had every pack and extras, I don't really like the Rallye or GS Exclusive so drawn to the GSA triple black, it's huge but looks awesome. Hopefully I can visit on way back down and take one out for a decent ride - anyone had both the GS and the GSA with a view on pro/cons ?

Hi Guys, I have a rented RT and whilst I don't like it anywhere near as much as my GS (that's not to say it's not a good, just not my thing) I'm having a great time the B6160 into Aysgath was so good I stayed extra night to do it again heading to Loch Lomond tomorrow - so far it's been blue skies and clear twisty roads. Went to Alan Jeffries dealership yesterday, great guy (Steve Coleman) was really helpful, I took a RS out for a spin, great fun but not sure it's my number one choice. I had a 2016 GS triple black which had every pack and extras, I don't really like the Rallye or GS Exclusive so drawn to the GSA triple black, it's huge but looks awesome. Hopefully I can visit on way back down and take one out for a decent ride - anyone had both the GS and the GSA with a view on pro/cons ?

Sounds great.

Have a look at this thread for GS/GSA.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/420722-GS-regrets-vs-GSA

Hey richmondrider, what happened just sucks. Glad that you are having a great time. Enjoy the ride - and there is always light after darkness.

:thumbs to Nutty - the knight in shining armour here to save the day :D

Well just an update on situation, GSA TB on order, waiting for tracker to be fitted before I collect. Called Carole Nash for about 20th time, this one today was just under an hour, quotes to put new bike onto existing policy in total came in at just over £4K, keep in mind that's not supposed to take into account the theft (that joy comes next year) I think £4K to insure a bike a steep - I know London insurance prices are on the rise but that's mental!

So price comparisons online will commence, which will take into account the theft but must be less than £4K out there.

I have organised secure underground storage, place is security controlled basement, CCTV and 24hr patrols (contains super cars in temp controlled bays so can picture the scene re security) so must much more secure than parking it on the road outside my house!!

If anyone knows of an insurance firm that doesn't have a melt down when you mention different post code (yet secure compound) welcome any suggestions.

Also been debating if perhaps I should have gone for the KTM Adv S but maybe another life !!

Well just an update on situation, GSA TB on order, waiting for tracker to be fitted before I collect. Called Carole Nash for about 20th time, this one today was just under an hour, quotes to put new bike onto existing policy in total came in at just over £4K, keep in mind that's not supposed to take into account the theft (that joy comes next year) I think £4K to insure a bike a steep - I know London insurance prices are on the rise but that's mental!

So price comparisons online will commence, which will take into account the theft but must be less than £4K out there.

I have organised secure underground storage, place is security controlled basement, CCTV and 24hr patrols (contains super cars in temp controlled bays so can picture the scene re security) so must much more secure than parking it on the road outside my house!!

If anyone knows of an insurance firm that doesn't have a melt down when you mention different post code (yet secure compound) welcome any suggestions.

Also been debating if perhaps I should have gone for the KTM Adv S but maybe another life !!

I also live in your area and have been trying to find some decent local, secure bike storage for ages. The place you mention sounds just the job.

Would you give me their contact details?

Yes sure I'll dig out for you, prefer to IM. It's about 5.5 miles out of Richmond though, a pain but ok for me as purely social use and setup is pretty good.

Oh should have said, the £4K was just to cover the remaining 286 days on the policy - been robbed once and that was enough !

Yes sure I'll dig out for you, prefer to IM. It's about 5.5 miles out of Richmond though, a pain but ok for me as purely social use and setup is pretty good.

Ta. I can't IM you though - it doesn't show against your ID (maybe not enough posts yet or maybe just a settings thing).

You can IM me though I think.

rbd

Ta. I can't IM you though - it doesn't show against your ID (maybe not enough posts yet or maybe just a settings thing).

You can IM me though I think.

rbd

as he is not paid his subscription he does not have the PM facility Rich

Back
Top Bottom