60 Today !!

steve hughes

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
No not me my trusty Rabeneick Binetta 50 cc Moped

Bought by me in 2011 it took me 3 weeks to get it running with help from XT Rider (on here).

The previous owner had run it once down a lane prior to that it had not run for 10 years.

Sachs 50/2 two speed motor so Ebay.de is your friend for parts.

Looks like a NSU Quickly so lots of " I used to have one of those" when you stop to catch your breath following an adrenaline fueld back road blast.

Highlights riding it to Liverpool then putting it on the Mersey Ferry to the Wirral to meet my cousins. A round trip of 100 miles 6 arse pounding hours and under 1/2 gallon of premix used. Quite funning getting on the ferry , seems to have changed from the wooden tunnels I remember in the 60's & 70's , had to push it through a carpetted lounge!!!

Lowlights putting a three legged puller through the coil, resulting in parts from Germany & USA.

Love the aluminium finials covering the plunger (remember 1957) rear suspension.

Lastly passed its last 3 MOT's no issue, now excempt due to age.

I found an advert from the importers Stuart and Payne in London £70:19:6 , bearing in mind a bantam was £110 and a BSA Goldstar was £230. So a very expensive bike in its day, no wonder they are so rare!

I know that I'm repeating myself here Steve, but that is fabulous......:cool:

I'm a 1957 model myself.....60 on 19th September....What a great year eh ??...:augie

i can confirm, that I HAVE NOT aged as well as that lovely little bike.......:(

Thanks guys Im a 56 so I lead the bike by a year, and also look a darn sight worse than the ped! In the world of bikes able to extract 200 plus bhp from a litre, the 1.7 alleged bhp is good fun around the lanes. The sales bumf shows it going up the St Gothards pass! 1 st gear I recon.

Lovely bike. Thanks for the photos.
Surprised it ever needed an MoT as it predates 1960...Or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely bike. Thanks for the photos.
Surprised it ever needed an MoT as it predates 1960...Or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Simon error on my part I bought it in 2009, the excemption for Mots started about 3yrs later eg 2012as I have 4 MOTs , look at the 1000's of miles I do a year!

Heres the mot records with 2012 being the last year, also by it being pre 1960 it was a classic as far as my insurer was concerned and it dropped my GS650 premium by adding it on!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 339

Back
Top Bottom