All Year Biker - Tues 28th March

The Stimulator

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have arranged for Allan from All Year Biker in Aberdeen to come over and give my bike a post winter clean and re-treat. This will be at my place (close to the A95, between Keith and Craigellachie) on Tuesday 28th. He can do 3 bikes in a day, and there is one slot left, as AndyR34 has decided to get his done as well.

Details of the treatment can be found here:

http://allyearbiker.co.uk

Allan would like an extra £5 per bike as he is coming over from Aberdeen.

Please let me know if you would like your bike done that day as well.

:beerjug:

The results :)

Many thanks for sorting out the All-Year Biker jobbie Iain, the results are quite simply stunning!

Alan (from A-Y B) was highly competent and a nice fella to boot and the bike is like new again :)

I can strongly recommend him and the service, not just a clean bike but a protected one too, now... to get it dirty again :D

Andy

Attachments

• 20170328_110115 - Copy.jpg
    20170328_110115 - Copy.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 228
  • 20170328_103312 - Copy.jpg
    20170328_103312 - Copy.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 20170328_115430 - Copy.jpg
    20170328_115430 - Copy.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 294
Hover bike in your garden...

All I can think about when I see the middle piccie with the shrouds over the wheels is the BWM concept hover bike...

Attachments

• BMW LEGO Technic R1200GS Hover Ride Design Concept_1 - Copy.jpg
    BMW LEGO Technic R1200GS Hover Ride Design Concept_1 - Copy.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 210
Sadly not Andy. Corrosion on mine as well.

Blimey Iain, I am gobsmacked, your bike is month's old for crying out loud! Whereabouts did you find it? A punt... - engine (crankcase), final drive and sub-frame? apart from forks, what else is there made from metal on the bike...?

I was beginning to feel a little guilty about kicking up a stink about the corrosion on mine (knowing it's three years old and has done 18K miles... Ancient Eh!...??), I assume you're groing to drop Ivor or Paul a quick line to say something?

Hopefully the A-YB treatment will have fended off some of the damage and limited its spread but this is not great...

Chat soon

Andy

PS. Saturday weather looks cack, wanna slip til Sunday for a rideout? ... especially considering our bikes may fall apart on it and I don't want to get stuck out in the sticks in a downpour ;-)

Sadly not Andy. Corrosion on mine as well.

Hi Iain, That's a shocking thing to discover on such a new bike certainly has to go back to Fairbains for a full inspection. Can I ask whereabouts on the bike have you discovered the corrosion? I'll be going over mine tomorrow with a fine tooth comb!!!

Can I. also thank you for your hospitality during Tuesday much appreciated. Allan done an excellent job, well pleased

I've found rust on my new BMW too! Where things rub against the frame. It really isn't good enough although my one is 33 years old and has done 133,000 miles. :)

Saturday 1st April ride

PS. Saturday weather looks cack, wanna slip til Sunday for a rideout? ... especially considering our bikes may fall apart on it and I don't want to get stuck out in the sticks in a downpour ;-)

Glad you fellas got a great service from the ACF50 manny.

Now, about Saturday (not Sunday :D). The weather doesn't look that bad, so I'm taking the V-Twin beasty out of hibernation tomorrow and possibly heading for Bridge of Balgie.

You girls up for a blast?

SteveT

:cool:

Got stuff going on on Saturday Steve (Amy doing CBT :) ), & Sunday looks nicer weatherwise too...

Nice cakes at the Post Office at Glenlyon too - went there with Mike Aitken last Autumn :)

Enjoy (if you go...), see you at 0900hrs (Sunday!), if you defer by 24hrs :)

Andy

Hi Iain, That's a shocking thing to discover on such a new bike certainly has to go back to Fairbains for a full inspection. Can I ask whereabouts on the bike have you discovered the corrosion? I'll be going over mine tomorrow with a fine tooth comb!!!

Can I. also thank you for your hospitality during Tuesday much appreciated. Allan done an excellent job, well pleased

John, corrosion on centre stand, almost to be expected, but not so much so soon, and also inside the hollow part of the rear wheel mount (guess you'd say final drive area). Waiting to see what HF say about it.

43FB3C40-D9C4-4217-AF67-10D554AF332E.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

931FF139-385F-41A8-A050-94DEC8AE5757.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Glad you fellas got a great service from the ACF50 manny.

Now, about Saturday (not Sunday :D). The weather doesn't look that bad, so I'm taking the V-Twin beasty out of hibernation tomorrow and possibly heading for Bridge of Balgie.

You girls up for a blast?

SteveT

Steve,

Would love to make it both days, but planned my weekend around going out Sunday. Any chance you can slip to Sunday and join us?

Have to agree that Sunday, overall, looks to be the better weather day but with a colder start.

If I'm at yours for 9 Andy, then I'm with you.

The opposite also applies :D

Steve T

Sounds good to me Iain, Steve and I can tootle along at 9 & top up too (if required Steve).

Glenlyon/the Bridge (& CAKE!) too? I'll take my maps for Dent route planning :)

Andy

John, corrosion on centre stand, almost to be expected, but not so much so soon, and also inside the hollow part of the rear wheel mount (guess you'd say final drive area). Waiting to see what HF say about it.

43FB3C40-D9C4-4217-AF67-10D554AF332E.jpg
[/URL

931FF139-385F-41A8-A050-94DEC8AE5757.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's not good, long gone are the days when BMW were known for producing quality bikes! It seems that the name of the game is maximising profit at the expense of quality, I hope that you can get this resolved quickly and to your satisfaction!

Back
Top Bottom