Brand new Nexx XD1 helmet, is this right?

G&T

“OK sweet heart... just one last ride”
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having read the reviews made a 120mile round trip to try on and purchase from Moto central I have noticed a bit of a gap between the visor, left and right and rubber seal. I only noticed this when I took the front beak off and there seems to be quite a gap.

Also the seal looks to have been crushed.

Can anyone with an XD1 comment?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 504
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 514
They are adjustable on the side pods

Side pods? I don't see anywhere to adjust the visor so it sits better on the seal. The visor sits on the seal at the front but as it gets toward the visor hinges a gap emerges.

I have had a look at the visor hinges, held on by 2 screws, but that doesn't adjust.

So not sure where you mean Phatcat?

Thanks
Glenn

They do adjust , you need to take the side clips off and adjust on that screw ( from memory ) or take it back to the shop and get them to adjust it for you .

They do adjust , you need to take the side clips off and adjust on that screw ( from memory ) or take it back to the shop and get them to adjust it for you .

Mmm ok, will have a look. Thanks.

Bit surprised about that quality control if it's the case.

Took the helmet back today. Checked the others out too. All the XD1's seemed to have dodgy seals in my opinion. Refund given. Moto Central good customer service.

Glad I didn't buy one then, if they're all crap. I tried this one and the X-Lite X551 the other day, and couldn't get on with either. The Schuberth E1 was nice, but loads more than I want to spend on a helmet, and I'm not that fussed about a flip up.

Just checked my XD-1 and seals are all fine round the visor.
Ive used it previously in some torrential downpours and it's never let any water in round the visor, in fact it's been considerably better than my Shoei X-lite in that respect.

I wonder if you've been unlucky and got one out of a batch or wrong uns that have got through poor quality control :nenau

Had the same issue with my Nexx - but you can adjust the visor by loosening the 2 screws on either side of the helmet which hold the pivot post in place and then sliding the mount back a bit. My visor now fits fine :)

That said they should be properly adjusted from the factory :augie

Glad I didn't buy one then, if they're all crap. I tried this one and the X-Lite X551 the other day, and couldn't get on with either. The Schuberth E1 was nice, but loads more than I want to spend on a helmet, and I'm not that fussed about a flip up.
Buy from a reputable dealer so if you have issues they will look after you. Other than that they are a good helmet. I've just spent 2 months in one, traveling through West Africa. When I left London it was -4c I rode in temperatures up to 38c. sometimes it was so hot, I had to close the visor to keep the heat out! Having totally abused it, when I got home I went straight out and bought another one. They really are a top helmet.

Back
Top Bottom