stolen

paul nicholls

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Stolen a few days ago, taken off the bike rack on the back of my camper van.
I'd left it for all of ten mins, but on returning the scum had struck.
I was parked outside Go Outdoors at Westerhope up in Newcastle on Tyne.
Rang the police straight away, the took 10mins to answer the phone and despite the theft
only just happening, they promised to ring me tomorrow night at 1800.!!@!
So, the bike,
KTM Macina Action, 11 CX5.
Colour, black, black rock shock forks, and xt group set.
I had changed the handle bars to gold renthal fat bars with grips with integrated bar ends.
Frame no. M5790 A6349.
It's an electric bike so looks really distinctive with the motor at the pedals/bottom bracket.
The only saving grace was the battery and controller we not attached to the bike.
Here's hoping the collective may spot it for sale somewhere.
Shame my first thread is about the scum of the world.
Thanks, Paul.

Scum yes, but am i right in assuming you left it unattended an not secured to anything:blast

sorry to hear that, fingers crossed you get it back in one piece. Thieving pikey scumbag bastards

Scum yes, but am i right in assuming you left it unattended an not secured to anything:blast
Yes it was unattended but it was secured to my bike rack, and I was parked in a very busy carpark.
The country has become a sad place when victims of crime are blamed for the crime happening!

Might be worth contacting local suppliers of the bike to see if anyone tries to purchase a battery / charger,:thumb

Sorry to hear that, I doubt you will ever see it again.
I built a camper with a rear load space and keep everything inside. From a push bike to a GSA

Horrible twats I had a blade nicked out my locked garage and they moved a car to get it out. Chop their hands off I say!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sad news Paul and I'm really sorry to read this, I hope you get it back.

Keep an eye on Ebay and Gumtree to see if it or parts of it appear. Sorry to hear about it getting nicked.
There was a time when the scroats used to wait in pub car parks in the lakes.

Knowing peeps would have done a big ride or grabbing a drink before going home. Out they pop, bolt cutters and away with the bikes.

Go outdoors Westerhope have an extensive CCTV system, it may be worth having a word with them. In the past the local Police would have done it but now I am not so sure.

Go outdoors Westerhope have an extensive CCTV system, it may be worth having a word with them. In the past the local Police would have done it but now I am not so sure.

Sadly I think you will be wasting your time, my daughter who has a shop in town selling men's clothing, captured a group of pikey shoplifters on her good quality cctv, it took several calls, a email to the police commissioner quite and a few weeks to get the police to accept the footage, since then nothing! They regard this kind of thing as "low level crime".

Sorry to hear about this.
Hope the outcome is good. (Insurance if not the return)

Solen,

Thanks for all the replies guys,
At the time I asked in all the shops about cctv, apart from Go Outdoors non were helpful.
The G.O. manager got straight on it but showed nothing.
The police were simply not interested, rang me 24hrs later to tell me the case was already closed.
I no longer live in Newcastle but have family and friends watch the local for sale sites etc.
Also joined a couple of face book groups to spread the word, and of course you lot.
The bobby who rang was really nice about it, said if by some miracle the scrote was caught would I
be interested in restoritive justice? Oh yes I said, in private I asked? She just laughed.

Extremely bad news - not the least because the McDs nearby is a regular RVP for bikers meeting for a ride. The sad fact is that the police have little motivation to respond to relatively minor crime (yes, I know it is not minor to the victim) and the response you enjoyed is all that can be hoped for these days.

Of course the victim is not to blame but we all have to recognise that there isn't really any help from the authorities so we have to knuckle down and protect our belongings. I'm not talking local vigilantism, I'm saying that the days when we can pop into a shop without fitting loads of security devices are gone.

Lock it or Lose has to be the norm, leave a mate outside to watch the bikes whenever possible perhaps

Back
Top Bottom