Right side indicator system.

OK Doc,
Will start the replacement when time permits. Are the wires attached 0.5mm?
I'll get what's needed in advance from Marlins whilst waiting on the micro switches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marlins? What, like the fishy type? :confused: Can't see them knowing anything about GS switchgear! :D

20bfecc4d01d2a64b5c0299a9c136422.jpg

Just bought these (hope photo shows OK) to replace the handlebar indicator microswitch.

hmmm... my right side indicators have started flashing at twice normal speed... I've got a replacement relay from motorworks but same problem... The left are fine, all 4 bulbs / bulb housings + connectors ok and corrosion free, and the hazard works all 4 bulbs at normal speed...

I've tried tracing the wires back from the right hand switch housing, exposing the wires looking for wear or exposure or corrosion, only got as far as I can without taking the tank off but all ok... Pulling / jiggling the wires does nothing, the battery is relatively new and shows a full charge on the optimate in normal cycle time...

With the mot in three weeks time, I'm with you mr rugged...

I had the same issue with my LHS indicator. I removed the bulb, cleaned the contacts and refitted. Hey presto no more flashy flashy too fast.

I had the same issue with my LHS indicator. I removed the bulb, cleaned the contacts and refitted. Hey presto no more flashy flashy too fast.

It was the bulb... on its way out... worked fine when the hazards were on but not as an indicator... after all my tweaking and exploring got some wisdom from Tunner and started swapping the bulbs around, and worked out which one was faulty. New bulb, problem gone... Thank you Chris...

That is one bulb out of a side. My problem is the side bulbs and arrow dash light out all together on the right. Will open up the handlebar switch housing to check the microswitches as I have 2x new ones that have arrived in case the original cannot be revitalised. Will have a go this weekend.

Cut the two wires 2inches from End and drilled out the old microswitch from the white collar. Getting the new switches soldered by a tv repair shop as my eyes ain't that good for such micro soldering.

I hooked the switch up to the existing wires and tried it out, and it works. Tomorrow will reinstall back into handlebar switch cluster and retest before final assembly.

Installed new microswitch and hooked it up and it works :). But, it will not cancel. Noticed that it is about 1mm higher in height than the cancel switch next to it. So, the actual plastic indicator lever is depressing it (and me :-( ) all the time.
Will have to file some of the node on the plastic lever to reduce it.

Back
Top Bottom