opinions please, I love it and want it....talk me out of it please

Mikeyboy I love it, can you build one just like it Under £20k ? I've got an old R100rt as a donor :D

I think it's ugly but can see it's built for racing not the Sunday pub catwalk. I love it as is but a new owner could leave it functional and make it pretty too if he didn't get a fixation on keeping it original. I'm sure the original owner would love to see a 2017 look applied to it, if he is still around. I also guess making it pretty would not lower it's value but make it a lot more desirable to many Daka wannabes.

Anyway, I love it and would probably swap my bike for it. Go on, buy it and make us all jealous.

Steve, it's the bike for sale not his yard :blast :D:D

How many genuine Dakar bikes are there today, do I hear dash pfenig gerdroppen!

Eg you arnt going to be able to pick many of these up, so the prices can only go one way

Yes I know but it's not cheap and we both know it will want a fortune throwing at it to get it into a useable bike. I quite fancy doing garmisch on it this year :moped:
What do you think Tetley.....could you keep up :augie

You know how some completely functional items are beautiful? The Spitfire? Swiss Army knife? Defender? Bialetti espresso pot? This isn't. Do you want to be known as the owner of the ugliest BMW Dakar bike?

Looks like the oil filter is simply cut into the line to the oil cooler, so most of the parts would be OEM on a GS.
Most Brit bike suppliers will sell the remote filter set up , I think some Nortons had them as OEM and it is common practice to retro fit them when restoring old Brit iron - my B44VS has one.
They usually go in the return line from the sump to the oil tank and the hoses are just push on with a hose clamp as they are not subject to high pressure, and someone else will have to tell you if the BMW cooler is subject too full pump pressure!
Dont care much for the PD bike , if someone can tell me what twice the cosine of 30 degrees is I will tell you how much power the UJ at the front on the driveshaft looses!

The cement mixer will be better value and more useful, besides it is MUCH prettier.

The rear shock mount doesn't look man enough to me. Pop rivets and no doubt, a little glue on a flimsy bracket?

The rear shock mount doesn't look man enough to me. Pop rivets and no doubt, a little glue on a flimsy bracket?

On closer inspection of the photos, this is a complete f*ckin mess and was designed by an idiot. None of it makes sense or has any engineering coherence and some of it has no structural integrity, as pointed out above. It looks like a pastiche put together by a GCSE D&T class on Wednesday afternoons. They didn't do it during class time as the teacher needed to make sure they passed.

One careful owner?

Pescheur-1987-1.jpg

Poli-1989-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom