opinions please, I love it and want it....talk me out of it please

Florence

Reaction score

I know it's fecking ugly.......but it's a real Dakar bike and it's growing on me every day. Not many like this around :nenau
Comments please :augie

Yes it's a proper thing!

The last Écureuil…
The here presented bike is one of only two surviving complete and original examples (of the 1987 model), and it is in working order.
This is the one used by Marc Moralès in the 1987 Paris-Dakar that had arrived in Dakar but wasn’t qualified… Actually, during the last stage, Marc Morales ranking 7th overall, broke his clutch near the Lac Rose (Lake Retba), only three kilometers from the finish line!
This machine is complete and original with the exception of the headlamp protection, which could be reproduced easily.
It’s running perfectly: Hubert Rigal was able to start the engine himself.
It has the correct parts such as the 17 inch rear and 21 inch front wheels.
On different stages, it was either equipped with 18, 19 or 21 inch wheels.
The engine, a 1023 cc 1050 model prepared by Herbert Scheck (the well-known German pilot and tuner of the BMW factory), was ordered by BMW France.
Just as for the 1987 Paris-Dakar, the bike is equipped, with a Marzocchi fork and two Öhlins shocks.
The carbon body and the engine mountings in honeycomb aluminum were built by ERS in Lyon.
The bike is available in France, without road registration documents. In fact, back then these prototypes raced with registration documents provided that actually corresponded to a serial production bike.
A rare opportunity to find such an exceptional bike which, even if it has disappointed the expectations of its inventors, is part of the Paris-Dakar history.

That frame is something. Hewn from a couple of bits of 20mm Durall by the look of it.

This is one of the monocoque bikes. They come up quite often here for around 40k euros. There is supposed to have been two made!

That aerial would get right up my nose, literally ;)

Plenty of ugly women turn out a good fun ride (so I'm told ;) ), but you'd never know until you tried.

Love the remote oil filter. Does anyone make these? I'd get one for my '89 GSPD if they did.
BTW - you should buy it. :cool:

It's ugly....... but lovely as you'll never see another one like it when you go out for a blast.

BUY IT !.......(and give us a go mister !)

Sorry,but that is hideous !

Back
Top Bottom