Hardwiring a Roadhawk R+ on a 2012 GSA

Matt Crane

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am going to fit a camera to my bike but instead of going down the GoPro route I am going with the Roadhawk R+ hardwired option so that it starts to record as soon as the ignition is switched on that way I don't forget to start it off :)

The only thing I am unsure of is where to take the switched live from on the bike so that I don't interfere with the CanBus system.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Cheers in advance.

Matt

PS
Having seen the post on here about hardwiring in the Next Base Ride I was thinking about piggy backing off the Fog Light fuses but not sure if that means it only supplies power if they are switched on, plus does it then leave the wiring exposed to the elements as the protective cap can no longer be fitted :confused:

The Nextbase vid was mine.
Using the 7.5 amp fuse as a trigger turns it on with the ignition, and it stays on for 60 seconds after the ignition is turned off.

Yes it does leave the fuses open due to being unable to refit the cap. I just wrapped it in insulation tape. It all seems fine at present.

Good luck.

Don't want to rain on your parade - but...

I use to have a Roadhawk hard-wired into my Multistrada. It worked fine but what a total waste of time it was.

Other people's bike videos are like the neighbour's holiday snaps - nobody else is interested - and all the stuff about video evidence strikes me as bollocks.

My advice- save your money...

Do you have a hella socket on your GS? if so that will probably be fed via a switched live so you could pick the supply off that. I use a plug in the socket that's on the RHS of my cockpit to power both my Roadhawk ride+ and my aux LED lights.

and all the stuff about video evidence strikes me as bollocks.

Well so far I have used DashCam footage from my car twice to help people in insurance claims for accidents that I witnessed, one of which was a bike hit by a car on a roundabout....

For what it costs I think to have it there recording as soon as I turn the ignition on it isn't much of waste of money tbh.

Do you have a hella socket on your GS? if so that will probably be fed via a switched live so you could pick the supply off that. I use a plug in the socket that's on the RHS of my cockpit to power both my Roadhawk ride+ and my aux LED lights.

Yep got the standard socket between/under the riders and passenger seat but wife may kill me if I tell her she can't plug her heated vest in :)

The Nextbase vid was mine.
Using the 7.5 amp fuse as a trigger turns it on with the ignition, and it stays on for 60 seconds after the ignition is turned off.

Yes it does leave the fuses open due to being unable to refit the cap. I just wrapped it in insulation tape. It all seems fine at present.

Good luck.

Great thank you for the extra info :)

Back
Top Bottom