Do different manufacturers intercoms link to each other?

Snowy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know this may well seem like a stoopid question but I don't know the answer and can't find one elsewhere. So here goes.....

Do the different manufactures kit bluetooth to each other or, for example, would a Sena only 'talk' to Sena etc? I can't imagine that they can't but just thought I'd check.

sena 20s is supposed to connect up to other makes, according to their blurb. In practice, what the blurb does not say is that 20s will only connect 1 non sena piece of kit at a time, What the blurb also does not say is that it is a challenge to actually pair sena 20s successfully with, say a bmw bt headset!!
I have tried, and failed, several times with this, even sitting in Riders with sena kitted helmet next to bmw kitted helmet, with both instruction manuals open!
( it worked once, then failed out on road!!)

as far as I know there are two on the market that claim this, Sena 20s and Scala Cardo Packtalk. not cheap

The latest Interphone will pair with most brands of intercom

Thanks for the comments. It doesn't turn out to be as straight forward as I thought so maybe not so stopped a question after all.. :confused:

I think any unit running bluetooth V4 will connect to any other unit running bluetooth V4.

My Scala G4 connects to the interphone tour very easily.....when I remembered the pairing process :blast

My Schuberth SRCS doesn't seem to want to connect to ANYTHING other than other cards stuff. If anyone knows how to connect to Scala please let me know?

My mates have Sena 20s and have linked up to my SRC perfectly using their 'link to other devices mode'. I can get one of them via my phone channel and the other via my gps channel. Granted I can't use those channels for their intended purposes at the same time but it can be done.

Neil

Word of warning

While most brands do now support 'universal intercom', this only works over standard bluetooth so is limited to bluetooth range which tops out around 100m for v3 and slightly higher for v4 (both need to be v4 if this is to work). It's also even more prone to disruption in signal.

Units of the same brand use other 'magic' to give you better range and usually a much better experience. This is certainly my findings when trying to hook up Sena to Cardo and then Sena to Sena.

The advertised range for units while unlikely are only ever going to possible with the same manufacturer at each end.

Back
Top Bottom