young riders policy

He went on six sites, seeking insurance on behalf of his son, the entire thread - from the title onwards - revolving around the subject of the unacceptable charge of £1000 a year to insure a 19 year old on a Van Van and did anyone know any alternative (cheap or cheaper) insurers for novice youths? The opening thread gave the strong impression that the Van Van was to be the son's, to get going on a lifetime of motorcycling; who actually paid the cash (if not the son) for the vehicle is all but irrelevant.

Having failed to secure a competitive premium, the whole emphasis changed, through the employment of 'Dirty tricks', to use the OP's own words. The son turns out not to be some budding epic Adventure bikermate in the making but to be just an occasional user of the Van Van, whilst the OP will be scuttling around on the thing all the hours God sends, saving wear and tear on his GS. That way the OP saves a fortune. Readers can form their own opinion as to whether:

1. It's right to charge a novice rider £1000 a year. That perhaps charitable view might change if and when the lad wobbles across the road into them, whilst they are out hooning their awesome steed in the opposite direction

2. It's right to charge the father £120 for his year's insurance by way of comparison

3. Whether the OP has indeed told the truth to his insurer and to UKGSer

4. Whether the OP had engaged himself in fraudulent 'Fronting', in order to defraud the insurer for the sake of financial gain

5. Whether 'Fronting' is, as the OP's legal eagle mate espouses: (a) legal (b) honest (c) fair on customers who make an honest declaration to their insurer and pay the appropriate premium, based solely on the answers given

Answers on a postcard to the usual address.

For those of you who cast the first stone... i had a word with my solicitor friend and you maybe surprised to here fronting in its self is not illegal...indeed some years ago it was widespread...the insurance companies have tried there best to ban it... but its not illegal... the way the questions are put when you apply for insurance are supposed to prohibit fronting.... either giving a stupid £1000 quote ( equal to the policy for the young driver anyway..negating the whole issue) or simply not quoting.... the illegal bit is deliberately and knowingly falsifying the answers to the questions, in some cases rendering the policy void.... but it boils down to just one question... who is the main user ... i bought the bike... the log book is in my name and I'm the registered keeper...is it down to ratios of who rides it the most...im not mystic meg, how can i answer that truthfully my guess would be 50/50... so i think its fair to say i am the main user.... i have not answered any questions deceitfully and the policy has been accepted .... remember also a quote between £900 and £2000 for a (modest)125 bike means they don't want to quote at all so give silly numbers.... the only drawback is my son will not get any NCD.... don't hound me... I'm just quoting him

just for those who shed a tear for all these poor insurance companies... copy and paste this link to one of our own pages http://www.ukg ser.com/forums/showthread.php/447225-HOW-MUCH

Brilliant! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom