2017 xr

xr

No tingling at 70 on the one I rode, but I wasn't looking for it and it only took a nano second to pass through on my way to ........

S1000XR....probably one of the best BMW bikes ever built imho. From 30-160 in one gear in comfort, they are special. The suspension is fine on normal roads but across saddleworth moor it got lively and a better shock would have been welcome.
Hi,has anyone bought an xr non esa? i owned one of the first ones and sold it after 7 months due to the harsh/shit/hard suspension,loved the bike but the esa suspension spoiled it,still get the hots for another one:confused:

Hi,has anyone bought an xr non esa? i owned one of the first ones and sold it after 7 months due to the harsh/shit/hard suspension,loved the bike but the esa suspension spoiled it,still get the hots for another one:confused:

Toddmeister has, but he's only ridden it to the shops.:D

No tingling at 70 on the one I rode, but I wasn't looking for it and it only took a nano second to pass through on my way to ........

S1000XR....probably one of the best BMW bikes ever built imho. From 30-160 in one gear in comfort, they are special. The suspension is fine on normal roads but across saddleworth moor it got lively and a better shock would have been welcome.
TBH I was looking for it to see for myself but the way we ride I would probably never had noticed it.
Love the bike!

Toddmeister has, but he's only ridden it to the shops.:D

This is true, and sadly on both counts! :blast :D. The only saving grace is that Nutty is still waiting for KTM to build a round front wheel for his new orange toy :p

Hoping to finally get out on it very soon though so will report back! :thumb2

I've said this before, but the XR is the most complete bike I have ever ridden. I like twisties and I like to be quick, came from a Ducati 996 via a short spell with a GS. I wanted to try the GS riding position as the Duke left me in traction after only a couple of hundred miles.

The GS I could ride all day, supremely comfortable but not dynamically capable enough for me. Enter the XR, comfort, more pace than you can realistically use and handles like a sports bike. For me its the perfect package.

Its a bit like finding your perfect woman, once you do you stop looking. That's the XR for me, and, unlike the perfect woman - it actually exists :D:D:D

Not me, never made that claim. Just the XR suits my riding style. If your looking for the speed master, this may be your fella...

It's interesting what folk say about the power cause a mate of mine held me up on a run last year all the way to 120 after that he just took off but til then he was in my fecking way.

:bow

Back
Top Bottom