Bar vibration

sidestand

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Did you know, that if you 'complain' about handlebar vibration to your BMW dealer .......

you will be/should be offered the BMW kit that is fitted to the new models FOC :D

Not a recall (officially) .........but mine were done last week, when another issue was being fixed

Did you know, that if you 'complain' about handlebar vibration to your BMW dealer .......

you will be/should be offered the BMW kit that is fitted to the new models FOC :D

Not a recall (officially) .........but mine were done last week, when another issue was being fixed

Pleas catch up at the back of the class!

cant believe they haven't fixed this yet

Forgot to add.........if you are a lady/girl/female/shiela.......a pillion spin on an XR must be very enjoyable!!!!

I did a good few hundred miles on my 15 plate XR se before I left last week and I wasn't aware of any vibration. However I was very aware of the horizon getting very close very quickly :D

Vibration on a bike ... who'd have thought.

To be honest, after trading in a twin cam GS a year ago I have not been bothered by any adverse vibration on the XR. I think it is just journalistic "group think" where they feel the need to make something of any trivial issue. Look at the furore that journalists created about BMW style indicators a few years back which led to them being abandoned.. a real retrograde step.

I worry a lot more about my licence and the rapidly approaching horizon than I ever do about vibration.

Took my new 17 bike out last week. Asked by a few bikers I met along the way "have they still got terrible vibrations" FFS:blast

Yep - my 16 XR was fitted with the new bottom rubbers FOC. Big difference. No mirror blur, and with the bar ends, NO vibes now. At all. At any RPM.

Took my new 17 bike out last week. Asked by a few bikers I met along the way "have they still got terrible vibrations" FFS:blast

The amount of times I got asked that was ridiculous. The biking media really know how to misinform the public. Much like the regular media. And everyone believes everything they read.:blast

My bike had very little in the way of vibes as i have said repeatedly.

I had the new kit fitted yesterday regardless and TBH there is no difference at all to my bike. the little bit of vibe that there was at 5K to 5.5K is still there but i can continue to live with that.

Yes the bike press certainly brainwashed a few on this one

The amount of times I got asked that was ridiculous. The biking media really know how to misinform the public. Much like the regular media. And everyone believes everything they read.:blast

And they do believe them! They all seemed to say they love the bike but would never buy one due to the vibes:rolleyes:

And they do believe them! They all seemed to say they love the bike but would never buy one due to the vibes:rolleyes:

More fool them then, as they're missing out on one of the best bikes BMW has ever made.

I test rode a 2016 and the vibes were very noticeable through the bars and seat, enough to dissuade me from buying one....well, that and the fact that it had two speeds; "stopped" and "jail time" :D

Bought my self a Christmas present some 'Grip puppies' foam grip covers £10 and fitted them over new year.
Didn't go out till last week and forgot they were on.
It was till only 40 miles into the ride i suddenly remembered them and thought not once did the vibration
irritate me, thin gloves as well
Its a massive difference in my opinion and a tenner well spent. :clap

Back
Top Bottom