T100 - T120 Round 2

Are the IKON shocks the same length as the OE ones? I may well do these mods over the winter. I've also just ordered a pair of Alpina tubeless wheels, and Remus slip on silencers. Ah well 'in for a penny, in for a pound'.........it's like having a Harley all over again :)

Are the IKON shocks the same length as the OE ones? I may well do these mods over the winter. I've also just ordered a pair of Alpina tubeless wheels, and Remus slip on silencers. Ah well 'in for a penny, in for a pound'.........it's like having a Harley all over again :)

I think fully extended they are actually 345mm so 6mm shorter than stock which are 351mm

That doesn't mean much though as they are always compressed with the weight of the bike and rider

I haven't checked sag or anything else technical, I'm just judging by seat of pants, I did one end at a time to be sure I knew what difference each change made and identify any problems

Happily the parts I chose seem to work perfectly together, both are bike specific

Note the fork springs are the Wilbers zero friction not the Promoto, some sites are a little vague about which ones they are selling

Will you be getting a pair of leather chaps.:ymca:D

I shall be displaying them at Dent next year (if it's on again?) all tassles and nipple clamps, that's me :D

Well,after being seriously under-whelmed,especially after the Ardennes trip,my T120 has gone.
Anybody want a brown comfort seat ?

Put the shocks on but haven't had time to test them much as yet

I did go for a first test ride on a particularly shite bumpy bit of road I know with lots of bends where even the GS feels rough
The ride was greatly improved straight out of the box on the 1st preload position but the steering had slowed maybe a tad , it didn't bottom out at all but was maybe a tad soft

I set the Preload to 2 out of 3 which quickened the steering back up nicely and set the rebound damping to 2 out of 4
I then basically rode it like a mental case down the same road and it was great, ended up thrashing the tits off the poor thing, first time it's ever been red lined

Not had chance to try it 2 up yet but I have plenty of adjustment left if I need any, I'm nicely in the middle of the operating range of the shocks, I chose the IKONs because I can adjust them in seconds if I need to

Very pleased with the over all result so far, the ride is much smoother than stock and the handling is far lighter and far more precise, definitely money well spent, the bike now feels as it should have done from the factory

Crappy iPhone pic:
So how did the Ikons improve the handling now you’ve had a while to get used to them? I’m looking for new rear shocks for my T120 but so many to choose from.

So how did the Ikons improve the handling now you’ve had a while to get used to them? I’m looking for new rear shocks for my T120 but so many to choose from.

Very pleased with the Ikons, still running them on preload 2 and rebound 2, the ride is very smooth and small bumps and ripples are nicely filtered out, the progressive springs do their job nicely

Handling is great and very stable even though the steering is light and fast
(comparatively of course it’s not an RGV250)

The Wilber’s up front are very good too even with standard oil, Ikon do fork springs too now but you’ll have to cut down the standard spacers to fit them

In case you haven’t noticed the bike seems very sensitive to tyre pressures and the steering goes heavy when they are low
the tubed tyres seem to lose pressure quicker than tubeless do

Definitely worth spending the money and fitting is easy, the bike is now what it should have been when it left the factory :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom