leadfarmer

He / Him / That Fucker
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
So that didn’t go as expected again!

Following on from my T100 thread
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/446041-New-T100-Anyone-got-one

After the last failed attempt to buy a T120 I found another dealer with the colour I wanted in stock, Red and Silver, so yesterday afternoon I toddled down to Valence to see it,
The concessionaire couldn’t be more different to the miserable Doris I had seen in Clermont who said she couldn’t get one before July

I told him I’d tried the two models and I was interested in the T120
He showed me the bikes in his garage and we said hi to the mechanics :friday

Wifey wasn’t so keen on the red and silver in the showroom so he wheeled one out to see if it was better in daylight, but she still wasn’t blown away :rolleyes:

So I explained that I had fallen in love with the blue paint job but the T100 wasn’t pokey enough, I half-jokingly said he would need to swap the tank and mudguards off the blue T100 with the ones off the T120

“Give me a minute” says he, and off he goes to talk to one of his employees saying “he has good ideas” :teacher

2 minutes later back he comes and says “we can order you a Jet Black T120 and just swap the tank with the Blue T100”, the mudguards are black on both bikes, this leaves him with a Jet Black T100 which is a standard colour scheme and I get a “one-off” Blue and white T120, exactly what I wanted

“F**k yes!” says I (in French) :D

He then calls the Triumph central in Paris and asks them to send the Jet Black T120 he has scheduled for April straight away instead, so delivery in 2 - 3 weeks

So there it is, I got a small discount and some free accessories, first service free and the tank swapped over free
I thoroughly recommend this dealer for anyone buying a Triumph in France

You could say I’m one f**king happy bunny :JB

Should look something like this:

viewer.php
[/URL][/IMG]

viewer.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Good pal of mine just bought one ... he's delighted with it :thumb

Better colour mind ;)

i-qTmvCVs-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Not yet, he said 2 to 3 weeks so hopefully for the 25th of March or the 1st of April unless I fetch it in the week

Got your Street scrambler yet? How is it?

Tomorrow at 1300 - 2 week wait as I went for Black... 4-5 week wait for Khaki Green...but I prefer the Black..

Tomorrow at 1300 - 2 week wait as I went for Black... 4-5 week wait for Khaki Green...but I prefer the Black..

Lucky bugger, enjoy it :beerjug:

Wifey liked the look the scrambler a lot but I need the bigger lump for 2up

I think Triumph have really got it right with the new model range, almost too many to choose from

Keep us posted :thumb2

Arrived yesterday at the shop, they've swapped the tank already, now it's just waiting for 2 round trim covers for the engine and to be registered

Crappy iPhone piccy sent by the dealer

viewer.php
[/URL][/IMG]

See if this works...

Attachments

• IMG_6200.JPG
    IMG_6200.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 910
It handles superbly, a real back roads weapon... OK it's not 160BHP but it puts its power down well and the nimble chassis really helps.... i'm getting more thrills on B/C roads then I've had in years,.....it's a real fun bike..... only done a 100 miles but I love it....

Been riding huge, heavy bikes for too long and have forgotten the fun that can be had on something smaller.

I'd say Triumph have these twins "bang on" - trouble is ............. 1200 Thruxton R>>>>????

lets sort that picture out...

Attachments

• IMG_6200.JPG
    IMG_6200.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 769
Been riding huge, heavy bikes for too long and have forgotten the fun that can be had on something smaller.

I'd say Triumph have these twins "bang on" - trouble is ............. 1200 Thruxton R>>>>????

Indeed the Thruxton looks great but one of the reasons I'm buying the T120 is to get some slower fun, give me dropped bars and I'll ride like a twat and eventually crash and die :blast

Toyed with the idea of running one along side my Explorer. Went to look and ride one, ended up buying a new Explorer XCX. Triumph are making some stunning bikes.

Back
Top Bottom