Nextbase Ride Camera

pants

Reaction score
I have been given a Nextbase Ride Camera as a present. Has anyone overcome the problems that I have with it?

The mount to the bike is poor for security so I have looked at RAM mounts to be more secure but still security is an issue, I cannot leave the camera on the bike overnight, I have accepted that I will have to take it on and off as required.

The hard wire kit has an advantage over other cams that are battery operated only, however, to remove the camera I need to disconnect the lead from the camera, easy enough. Once disconnected the power lead is exposed to the elements, Nexbase do not make a blank cap for it. Apart from a bag and an elastic band, has anyone overcome this issue?

Nextbase technical teams answer is to look on amazon for a solution, I then emailed head office pointing out this design issue and said it could be easily sorted with a blank cap that screws onto the power lead probably for only a few pence, no reply.

Yes, I had similar issues to yourself, and received similar replies! I threw away the mount that came with it, and replaced it with a proper ram mount. I take the power lead off and just hang it over the mount pointing to the floor.
Mark

Yes, I had similar issues to yourself, and received similar replies! I threw away the mount that came with it, and replaced it with a proper ram mount. I take the power lead off and just hang it over the mount pointing to the floor.
Mark

Any problems with corrosion?

Is the camera still working for you? I have one and am having trouble with it saying 'SD card full' rather than just recording over the oldest data.

Chris

Is the camera still working for you? I have one and am having trouble with it saying 'SD card full' rather than just recording over the oldest data.

Chris

My Chinese 'clone' camera suggests re-format card every month.
Some cards don't like continual writing and over-writing, so re-format is a good idea.

Cheers. The problem will manifest within a couple of days riding, and expecting the user to reformat that often seems to defeat the point of 'looped' recording! Nextbase is a premium product and I was hoping for a seamless £200 experience rather than a (no offence, I think you have probably done better then me!) £15 eBay cheapie!

Thanks for the thought though.

Camera is presently with Nextbase, who cannot replicate the fault in their workshop. I plan to suggest they take it out on a bike!

Cheers

Chris

Sorry, missed earlier posts. Yes, my camera is still working perfectly. I did put a new SD card in it after recording an accident on it (not me, see "Ill fated Alps trip") which I didn't want to lose the footage. Never had the SD card full message, but I do format them regularly anyway on advice from a camera nerd. Hope you get yours sorted.
Mark

In light of the report on Amazon I have asked Nextbase for the camera to be returned so that I can get a refund.

Chris

formating: When you format the card in a camera and it takes less than 30 seconds, it is not really formating. What it is doing is erasing the fat table, ie. the index, list of contents etc.

If you want to format it properly, place the memory card (may need an adapter) and place it in your computer. Select format from the computer, usually have the option of a deep or full format. This will take up 30 minutes depending on size and writes all over the memory space, checking for errors and recording them in its newly created fat/index table. This is the only way to ensure integrity of your memory card.

Back
Top Bottom