Flexx Bars

TOG

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
http://www.fasstco.com/blogs/fasstcompanynews/tagged/adventure-motorcycle-handlebars

Hello all.

I had a pair off these fitted to my GSA LC. It is necessary to fit risers to stop the bars fouling the tank. I saw these bars in last months adventure bike magazine fitted out to a really nice GSA. I have been waiting for ROX risers to produce their anti vibe risers for some time, but the delays have been ongoing for some time and I wanted another solution.

BMW fitted these for me, there is a You Tube video but I am no mechanic and the bike is still under warranty so I didn't want to mess my bike up.

Only done about 50 miles so far. First thing to say is that the bike was never really that bad for vibes. But I did feel the need for foam covers on the grips. I do suffer with tingles in my right hand sometimes and i relieve this by dropping my hand by the side when riding. I don't have to have ridden far for this to happen.

I have not needed to do this so far with the new bars fitted. The bars are clearly 2" higher now which may be something to do with it? But I can say the bike feels smoother through these bars, and I would not swap back :)

I swapped out the suspension bits from red (off road) to the blue an yellow which are more designed for on road use and a bit softer to pick up the vibes and deal with them.

Gotta do a proper road test as soon as I can. But at the moment really happy with the decision. They do cost a bit for the bars (over 350 dollars, plus a BMW kit to resize the bars for the clamps), but I am not looking at them as expensive bars, these are a bit of kit I bought to enhance my riding experience and seem to be worth it for me.

Sounds like you're starting with Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. Not uncommon. If it only affects your thumb and the next two fingers, that's what it is. As you say, quick relief by letting your hand hang for even a few seconds.
If it gets worse you can get a splint to wear in bed that prevents you from bending your wrist while asleep. Can waken you otherwise.
A lot of vibration makes it worse, but smooth doesn't make it better. I had a K1600GT thinking that would work. No help.
I've found that having the bars at the right height (for you) and thicker grips practically eliminate it.
I have 20mm risers and the nippy Norman grip enlarger thingies work well for me. Pricey, but seem to be well made.
Think it's down to not having to close your hand as much as with stock grips.
Heated grips work better, if anything. Don't get too hot.

Ohhhh, I never thought it could be anything so serious. You may be right about the height of the bar, I know what you mean. Need a long ride and in order to get more accustomed to the set up.

Definite food for thought, thanks for your advice. If you have CTS then I would suggest all your mods are good value if it means you can ride without pain. My wife was always asking me why I took my hand off the bars, even after after a short distance.

Thanks

It's not serous, it's your age!
Since I made those couple of simple mods, I've had hardly any problem with it. It does tend to be at its worst early on in the ride.
Sounds like the changes you've made are doing the trick.

Back
Top Bottom