Hi, from myself in Derbyshire

Mr_S

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As I'm considering a GS (1150 or 1200, my budget dependent!) I figured it might be a good idea to sign up to the site and see what's going on.

I've never owned a BMW bike of any kind, however I am no newbie to biking. I passed my full test 9 days after my 17th birthday (I'm now nearing the end of my 38th year on earth), and I've never been without at least one bike since. Use them all year round for commuting and generally whenever else I fancy jumping on a bike for any (or no!) reason. The current stable (bike-wise) consists of a 2002 GSXR1000, a 2003 KTM 640LC4 Supermoto and a 1987 Honda Transalp. I will be getting shot of the KTM soon, as it makes me ride like a.... err.... silly billy shall we say. So before I injure myself (or worse, injure my license!), it's got to go.

I do all of my own maintenance, from simple services to whatever is required. My bikes want for nothing (except a quick clean usually...). But as I mentioned earlier, having never owned a BMW, particularly a boxer, I want to know what to look out for, what is a big job and what I want to avoid.

Anyway, enough waffling, I'll have a mooch around and see what questions I can come up with!

One last thing - I know that as a 'non-subscriber' I can't reply to, or post in the classifieds section, but I don't seem able to see the adverts either. Is this normal?

Cheers, Martin

Welcome to the site.

I have a 1200 for sale if you want to have a look at it. I'm not that far from you.

PM me your email address and I'll send you some photos. :thumb

Oh, and by the way, yes, it is normal. The for sale/wanted section is for subscribers only, however, as everyone on here will tell you, it's the most worthwhile £12 a year you'll spend on motorcycling.

Some people have been on here for centuries. (or just look like they have)

Hi Martin,

If you need any help or want to go for a ride out I am in Ilkeston also.

John

Hi Martin,

As said get the subscription. Bikes are often advertised on here before going to eBay. If you like long after your own bikes the 1150 is simpler. The adventure version is the better bike and worth the extra.

You don't want to buy any of Florence's bikes. The gearboxes have been put on the wrong way round and they have 6 reverse gears and only go backwards. :hide

You want to buy my quality item which goes forwards. :thumb2

And not to many head down arse up critters about to wreck the piece and quite.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

It would be good to meet up with anyone local and have a chat about the machines if anyone is available any time soon? I have pretty much decided that I want one, so being able to chat to an owner or two would be great. Doesn't look like I can PM on here, I guess that comes with subscription?

Cheers, Martin

Welcome aboard.

Well worth the £12.00 subs.

Where else will you get advice, support, wit, banter and abuse on the one site?

Except at home from the wife of course.

Back
Top Bottom