Best way to soften up a Pro-Shell jacket

oddshapedballs

Reaction score
So, what's the best way to soften up a pro-shell jacket, I've tried on most of what Rukka and Klim have to offer this year and the one thing that always stumps me when it comes to handing over the folding is the fact that they're so fucking stiff! :eek:

Is it a case of get it and immediately wash it a couple of times or is time/wear the only way to go, how long does this all take? :nenau

Wear it!
All of these types of garments have a DVR treatment on the outer of the fabric. This helps to shed water and stop the face fabric wetting out. Washing it with will also wash some of the DVR off. I have a Klim Badlands jacket and it does soften with wear. I am not familiar with all Gore Pro Shell bike jackets, but I guess there will be softer jackets.
The Traverser jacket I think is much softer. It will of course be a lot less durable. You pays your money you make the choice.
I like my Klim jackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK so the over-riding (obvious I guess) opinion is to wear it and wash it and it'll soften a bit with time...and there was me thinking I could just wash it and it would come out like pyjamas :blast

Looks like Klim for me, the Badlands is nice, the newer Kodiak is a strange fit on me, I think if you have quite an athletic build, rather than my bit of middle-aged spread type shape, you'll be fine, but it was tight on the tum and huge across the upper chest and shoulders. I guess you have to accept some jackets are going to fit like this if you carry a bit of a muffin top but the Kodiak was extreme.

Back
Top Bottom