Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Santander ferry

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by brut33 View Post
    These yacht bods are a bit pedantic when it comes to right of way on the high seas.
    Motorised vessels give way to sail. I would wager that's what the yachtsman angst was about.
    Indeed you are correct. I was on the yacht and can vouch with absolute certainty that is exactly what the nautical dispute was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    So Derek (or should we call you Del?) explain to us please, why - if it's not the crossing time - the crossing to Africa is better value as your post #41 ascertains. Is there an entertaining cabaret of exotic dancers, unlimited beer and lashings of top notch food? What is the special 'something' that makes the EUR 55 for the return crossing so much better value?
    I just made the point there is not a correlation between the distance or time taken to travel it that equates to it's value which was the assumption given in the post I was replying to.

All this we and us business try talking for yourself.

Derek not Del

It must be the keen anticipation brought about by the smells of not so distant Araby wafting over the gunwales, that gives it its greater value.

It must be the keen anticipation brought about by the smells of not so distant Araby wafting over the gunwales, that gives it its greater value.
    Hi

I tell you that Morocco is really a fun place to ride. Roads that test your skills or at least mine to the limit and really friendly people. We are off at the end of April again and ten days staying in reasonable hotels will cost us all in about £1,150 each. Ferry, Food, Fuel and Hotels etc.

I will be just 74 years of age then but still count down the days until we depart. It certainly beats retirement.

Derek

Tell me about it...

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...=moroccan+dash

Enjoy your holiday

Hi

Very interesting and I thought you were a novice just shows that I must never judge a book by it's cover or a biker by his or her's posts.

Yes we will enjoy we normally do something like this at least twice a year. The fellow biker that puts up with me still works for a living (poor sod) so not so easy for him to find the time. We have done Spain and Portugal almost to death. The Alps, Eastern European counties and Morocco so far. I would like to venture further into Africa but it might not be that safe.

Derek

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Tell me about it...

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...=moroccan+dash

Enjoy your holiday
    Or the second dash TheRoad Goes on Forever. A tale of 3 countries, 2 continents, 4600 miles in 9 days , but many pictures have disappeared

Forgot about this one.. The Loneliness Of The Land Rover Driver
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I am a sailing bod, and sail in the Solent - I use the "might is right" law... and just stay out of the way of the big fuckers..

Sailors, like GS'ers have More than their fair share of twats...

Quote Originally Posted by restandplay View Post

Very interesting and I thought you were a novice....
    Ting Tong, he's Novice.

It is brilliant. Look on it as a mini cruise. If sea rough just go to bed. On arrival do not miss the Picos just 65 miles from the ferry terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234