Guess what fell off today...

markjackson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Take a good look at the photos and then guess what fell off today on my little post-errand. :D

32557908144_4e8b5eaf93_k.jpg

33021578120_9462a1c9b6_k.jpg

:blast

The headlight you go from me?:D
your gps?
those front indicators look like they are pointing down a bit.So the bump stop thing on the headstock of the frame?

both your panniers?:D

Not them thankfully as I'd have taken a while to notice a missing box, where the actual culprit let me know it was missing; or rather the bit it was supposed to connect to did, straight away:blast

My attention was drawn to the sudden shedding of a fairly useful component when it suddenly made a noise that sounded surprising like my SS50 did, when I fitted a 'Dunstal Decibel' exhaust (short hollow pipe). A loud popping replaced the combination of gentle boxer-burble and bouncy "Don't mug yourself" by The Streets playing in my helmet...

At least it was a pleasant place to spend a few minutes while the header cooled down enough to re-fit it.:D

The flange-ring thingy was still tight too, as was the clamp at the collector. Random?

That's exactly what I thought, and thankfully remembered it would be warm before picking it up too! :D

The Sat-Nav fell off a friend's bars onto a Belgian motorway an hour after leaving the ferry a couple of years ago. Nothing salvageable remained and it was the only one with all the 'in the French woods' trail-waypoints on. :blast

Did you make sure you had the 2 rings fitted the correct way round..... as if you fit them back to front, then the header comes off...
Don't ask men how I know this !!!!!
At least your header didn't get hit my a poxy white van w*nker going the opposite way after it made its escape bid....

My disaster had a happy ending, in that it convinced me to finally bite the bullet and buy a siebenrock full system which I had been contemplating for some months....

Did you make sure you had the 2 rings fitted the correct way round.

That's a good question as I didn't check when at the roadside (I just refitted as removed) or when I ripped out both headers on arrival home yesterday, to clean them up and re-assemble properly.

I'll ensure that they go back in the order Head>male>female>nut and each bit is suitably clean and free of foul-paste.:thumb2

I'm sure one of the experts will be along shortly to state correct fitting, but as I remember its:
Head, Then the triangular shaped ring with sloped face facing out.... then the square sectioned ring, with the chamfer inwards towards the head, then the castellated fitting nut....

BUT do NOT take this as gospel, as I'm not a mechanic, and no sort of expert !!!!

Back
Top Bottom