Hello from OZ

Ralph_O

Reaction score
Hi guys
here is my 'new' R1150GS

It also has the black BMW panniers and top box.

I'm a keen outdoor type of person with many years of four wheel drive mud bashing and touring behind me. I thought I might give this 'oil head' a go.
I've owned trail bikes in my younger years and had a few years on a K1100LT (which got sold due to lack of use). i don't have a lot of spare cash so I do as much as I can myself. Owning a landrover discovery for many years has taught me lots of mechanical things.

This forum has been a tremendous help so far and makes some fantastic reading.

So it's a '99 model and has the dreaded ABS not working issue. I've replaced the front sensor but doesn't seem to fave fixed things. Try resetting things a few more times. Next will be a whole new ABS servo unit but not sure I want to spend that much ... will see.

Being budget driven and wanting to really own a GSA I looked into the differences. Primarily, gearing, suspension travel ride height and looks.
I love the yellow canary look. :thumb2
Suspension travel/ride height - I can live with what I've got. :thumb2
Gearing - mmm - well thanks to this forum I bit the bullet and bought a Final Drive off a R850RT from an online wrecker in the Netherlands
https://www.boonstraparts.com/en/pa...)-final-drive-(abs-model)-2000&ID=B10000H00N#
and am a 'very happy camper' as they say. :clap:clap:clap

I'll put some pics on the relevant thread on this forum.

Thanks again guys.

Happy trails Ralph and welcome to the mad house.

Hi Ralph, remove the servo, there is a no cost servo removal thread on here which seems pretty straight forward.

Welcome mate! Good choice....'mandarin, yellow is the best colour (I have an identical one to yours)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome,
You've chosen a brilliant bike for those fantastic outback roads.
I ditched the ABS as it was something else to go wrong. (there are a number of threads on this)

Back
Top Bottom