Why GSA when you can Husky

crotchrocket

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having not really ridden a bike off road before I tried some green lanes on my LC GSA a few times last year and earlier this year. Although enjoyable I just thought it was extremely bloody difficult to do it. Also having half my left leg buggered means I cant put it out to stop the bike going over but I couldn't help wanting to do it again, but better. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, I managed to get a fantastic Husky TE450 off fellow tosser Mozz.

What a revelation :eek: I couldn't believe the difference, its like night and day. The GSA is more than twice the weight of the Husky. So a couple of friends and I went across to Salisbury Plain on Thursday and had a play around the Byways for the day. Couldn't believe how well the bike dealt with all the different types of terrain, it was incredible and very confidence inspiring (and no front end wash outs!). I did also have a go on my mates 250EXC, which was extremely refined and gentle and if anything even better at flattering the rider! We did 54 miles off road in the end. A couple of photos below, although none of the tricky muddy stuff, i was concentrating too hard to think about pictures :D.

Nice one :thumb

Just wish that we had green lane access up here in Scotland..

It's something I've thought about a lot....I just don't know enough trails around here to take the plunge. Enjoy it fella!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a TE510 and they are very capable bikes although the service interval is small.

There is no legal right to vehicle access in Scotland unfortunately, there are a few tracks ( Corrieyairack for example) which are rights of way but the use of these is being questioned more and more.
Those of us who are inclined still manage to put a few miles in on track but more often than not someone in a Landrover will chase you down and ask 'what the hell you are you doing here & feck off ' !!

Did I read somewhere that there are more green lane than actual motorway miles in England :tears

Back
Top Bottom