Mudsling, why so expensive?

This forum is hilarious at times. One minute people complaining about about jobs being driven down to lowest price, Trump and Brexit the saviour of the Uk and US and the next minute people buying cheap Chinese copies to save a few quid on their magnificent £15k steeds

Would the Chinese operators have developed a Mudsling for the GS in the the first place? I doubt it. Someone spends the money doing the design, making the moulding patterns, testing. Then has their work ripped off.

It's called free market competition. I doubt Mudsling have any ethical or perceived obligation to share with you their profits just because you paid overs for their product 'in support' of them. Trust me, they won't give you a damn penny.

On a £17k bike, I'd rather buy a product that's been properly developed and tested for £150 (or whatever it costs) rather than some cheap Chinese knock off, for much less. We're all different, I guess.

Splash the cash! It's an injection moulded bit of static plastic. It doesn't move. It just needs to be a shape to cover an area. High tech stuff that demanded huge R&D with lots of engineering prowess built in!

This forum is hilarious at times. One minute people complaining about about jobs being driven down to lowest price, Trump and Brexit the saviour of the Uk and US and the next minute people buying cheap Chinese copies to save a few quid on their magnificent £15k steeds ��

Always easy for folk to get on their moral high horse, but the reality is most of us are just donkeys treading in the mud.

Always easy for folk to get on their moral high horse, but the reality is most of us are just donkeys treading in the mud.

Oi!
As a Donkey I object to this blatant "ism" of whatever kind.
Could be another Oil thread in the making.

you had any problems with it catching or anything please ?
does anyone know if they will fit a 2017 model also please ?

tyia

No problems (so far) mines a 2017 as well, just clip in place and 4 cable ties

I had no issue saving £106 on a bit of mounded plastic...:rolleyes: if it had been an electrical or mechanical part, I wouldn't risk it on my 2016 gsa. But it's just going to stop the mud from hitting my suspension.... as it has been sad, why does it cost £142... its acrazy price imho :green gri:blast

I had no issue saving £106 on a bit of mounded plastic...:rolleyes: if it had been an electrical or mechanical part, I wouldn't risk it on my 2016 gsa. But it's just going to stop the mud from hitting my suspension.... as it has been sad, why does it cost £142... its acrazy price imho :green gri:blast

Yes have to agree with you :beerjug: some people think it makes them sound big paying over the odds for a bit of plastic :rolleyes: when really their just :tosser

'Treading in the mud' on a brand new 2017 TB? I can see why you need the mudsling to deflect all the bullshit.

Compared to the 19-28k asking of most cooking superbikes, a 2017 TB or even new loaded Rallye is a pauper at just 15k. We boast of farkles, but these are just to get our WW1 tractors into the 21st century!

Ok My Chinese Copy 'splash guard' arrived today ( much quicker than anticipated) and compared to the proper Mudsling it is a little shorter by about 3 inches by eye . Not a problem as it still covers the strut and gives similar extra cover at the sides. It is not as well finished or moulded as the Mud Sling.....But, It went on just fine, is secured the same way, does not rattle or move when the cable tues are snugged up and is ABS or Poply Prop and for 25 Quid or so will do just fine thank you.

:D

Yes have to agree with you :beerjug: some people think it makes them sound big paying over the odds for a bit of plastic :rolleyes: when really their just :tosser

I couldn't give a toss what people spend on what. It just made me laugh when this thread was next to the one about cheap labour taking away jobs.

It's called free market competition. I doubt Mudsling have any ethical or perceived obligation to share with you their profits just because you paid overs for their product 'in support' of them.
Where's the free market competition in one company spending time and money conceiving, designing and spending money developing a product just so another company takes a mould from it and sells copies? I bet you would be completely pissed off. Surprisingly enough, it's illegal in the western world.

Some peoples true colours are shown in this thread.:rolleyes:

Where's the free market competition in one company spending time and money conceiving, designing and spending money developing a product just so another company takes a mould from it and sells copies? I bet you would be completely pissed off. Surprisingly enough, it's illegal in the western world.

For sure Mudsling would be pissed off knowing their product is being replicated and sold cheaply. But they had first mover advantage, and that is now clearly evaporating. There have been a slew of cars/bikes etc being imitated in China... yet do BMW sue them? That will be a no. Patented designs or otherwise. Original designers just get on and continually evolve their product to keep ahead of the competition... imitators included.

Back to the OP's question, if only Mudsling priced their product cheaper and inline with the competition, they would probably still attract the most business. There's no point taking a moral/ethical view on this. This is simple competitive supply and demand 101.

On a £17k bike, I'd rather buy a product that's been properly developed and tested for £150 (or whatever it costs) rather than some cheap Chinese knock off, for much less. We're all different, I guess.

I agree and really wish I hadn't went the slightly cheaper option of the Maier. To each is own though :)

we all agree its not worth the money...its well made and its different to the copies being longer and probably a bit more if you go into detail..what it does give you is the best protection available and it will save you a lot more than its worth in the long run..plus like all the top gear we buy for the GS ie. Akras, Touratec Mudsling you will get 60-80% of its purchase price back if and when you swap the bike...why anyone would call someone a wanker for buying it is beyond me ffs

Why does nobody make a hugger that actually protects the bike? Something like the back end of a Britten V1000 would look good and be practical.

Sent somehow.

Back
Top Bottom