Mudsling, why so expensive?

Brand New R1200GS Triple Black

Hi all,

I decided to keep my Mudsling rear and front guards and fit them to my brand new bike.

It was absolutely MINT condition yesterday morning with a brand new Mudsling and Fender Extender fitted.

Went out for its first ride into Wales last night, wet, muddy, raining on and off. 250 miles later.....

Here's what the Mudsling does, and I haven't touched a thing (no post-cleaning touchups), it is exactly how it looked after 6 hours in the saddle and riding.

Attachments

• Mudsling 2.jpg
    Mudsling 2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 256
  • Mudsling 4.jpg
    Mudsling 4.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Mudsling 6.jpg
    Mudsling 6.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 257
  • Mudsling 8.jpg
    Mudsling 8.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 260
Couple more pics of the bike. Which was absolutely covered.

I thought Mudsling did a decent job so I'm happy with them.

Attachments

• Mudsling 1.jpg
    Mudsling 1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Mudsling 3.jpg
    Mudsling 3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 257
  • Mudsling 5.jpg
    Mudsling 5.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 253
  • Mudsling 9.jpg
    Mudsling 9.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 253
Does that include duty and VAT?

NN sell a Mudsling + Avant twin-pack. A Snip @ £169. I think it was £149 two years ago when I got mine.

Duty and VAT on an import will add around 20% to a with-shipping price.
Possibly,

Does that include duty and VAT?

NN sell a Mudsling + Avant twin-pack. A Snip @ £169. I think it was £149 two years ago when I got mine.

Duty and VAT on an import will add around 20% to a with-shipping price.
Including Import and Vat lands at £129.

i see the back of the legs would probably get guttered even with mudsling going by the pics

just fitted mine this week.... took 7 days to arrive from abroad, exact replica - cost £36 ish... only difference is it doesn't have a mudsling sticker on it! whats not to like.. Bargain. spet the other £110 on a side stand extenda, headlight protector from Nippys..:D:thumby::bounce1:clap

Link please. Happy to spend £40 on one, not the silly money being asked.

i see the back of the legs would probably get guttered even with mudsling going by the pics

It was raining so I was suitably dressed in waterproofs (boots, gloves and suited up), so it doesn't matter if water is splashing at the back of my legs (not that I noticed it doing that anyways).

The point of the Mudsling guard for me is to keep it from penetrating the Suspension Unit (which is what it did nicely). The front Fender Extender kept the crud from building up on the Engine Cover and being hammered by road crap (again which it did nicely).

So for my purpose (heavy Winter Road riding, year in year out) it worked just fine. Very happy.

Not saying its any different or more effective than from the £25 Chinese Copy, but it is doing its job.

What would you think if the Chinese one was better or at least as good?

But for a quarter of the price

Most likely made in the same factory/production run.... Then sold "locally" for redistribution.

Looking at the pictures, it looks like the ebay one isn't as long as the Mudsling, and falls short of the swingarm. Does it?

Back
Top Bottom