Mudsling, why so expensive?

Andrew997

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:nenau £142 for a piece of formed plastic? I don't get it, yes, I understand that it appears to be the best available for the job its designed for. Yes, I understand that there has been tooling and development costs etc, however almost everyone who buys a gs buys a mudsling, so those costs will have been covered many times over. The cost to manufacture couldn't be any more than a fiver.

By contrast the same company make the X head valve covers which look really impressive and given the design and the different components involved almost look like a bargain at £149.

I will finish by saying that I probably will end up buying a mudsling as it is the best available, but that doesn't stop it being a total rip off :D

Ordered a Chinese one from Ali Express. Looks the same and at £25 delivered we will see if it does the job.

Down side is three weeks delivery but at that price I'm happy to wait. This one has been ordered for my partners GS I have a Mud Sling on my bike so I will do a direct comparison.

Watch this space.

I ordered one from them. Still waiting 6 weeks later. It was free shipping so can't complain

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If it takes three months at that price its ok. Looking at their delivery they are saying up to 28th April .

It looks ok but proof is in the pudding.

Wunderlich sell Mudsling for around £80 but won't dispatch to UK.
There's a French dealer who advertises them on eBay (can't find him at present) but if you order from a French Belgian Dutch Wunderlich dealer they are pretty quick and only charge about £15 delivery to UK.

from the dark side this was sent

Guess that explains the price....

Not sure how me not buying one will make them cheaper? But I know the point your trying to make..

My point is more about company ethics, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Wunderlich sell Mudsling for around £80 but won't dispatch to UK.
There's a French dealer who advertises them on eBay (can't find him at present) but if you order from a French Belgian Dutch Wunderlich dealer they are pretty quick and only charge about £15 delivery to UK.

from the dark side this was sent

Is a wunderlich mudsling the same part? i.e. machine art moto part, or there own version?

I have a Chinese version of mudsling on my 15 GSA.The fitting is a bit off but it still get the job done.

just fitted mine this week.... took 7 days to arrive from abroad, exact replica - cost £36 ish... only difference is it doesn't have a mudsling sticker on it! whats not to like.. Bargain. spet the other £110 on a side stand extenda, headlight protector from Nippys..:D:thumby::bounce1:clap

Ordered a Chinese one from Ali Express. Looks the same and at £25 delivered we will see if it does the job.

Down side is three weeks delivery but at that price I'm happy to wait. This one has been ordered for my partners GS I have a Mud Sling on my bike so I will do a direct comparison.

Watch this space.

Hi there. Could you please send a link to the aliexpress item. As all the one I am seeing on there are upwards of £100 thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5d82188ef4e47566bd74930d6a3b1488.jpg

This is one I got

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

just fitted mine this week.... took 7 days to arrive from abroad, exact replica - cost £36 ish... only difference is it doesn't have a mudsling sticker on it! whats not to like.. Bargain. spet the other £110 on a side stand extenda, headlight protector from Nippys..:D:thumby::bounce1:clap

anychance of a link to what u bought chap

we run injection moulding machines at work...i asked about costs to produce this small bit of plastic about 40p-60p and 60k for the tooling :D

I guess at £142 (plus post ??) inc vat its £118 ex vat, then there is import duty to take off and shipping costs from the states. NN wants a cut, maybe 50% ?? so if the item leaves Mudsling for £40, then NN's mark up, taxes and vat. Supply and demand as well, only 1 distributor in each country, plus were riding a top end bike aren't we? I doubt you would sell many if they were for a 7 or 8 K Vstrom thingy.

I found a second hand one with some radiator guards for £100, otherwise i think i would have tried the chinese one

Stu

It's all about the profit. Anyone manufacturing goods/selling goods just only for what they cost to produce is wasting their time and will go bust. The idea is to buy/make as cheap as possible and sell for as much as possible. Create the desire. Watch the money roiling in. Look at Apple. What about bottled water? Can be dearer than coke or petrol. Who would have thought it. If I could get a lot of people to buy a bit of plastic for a lot of money I wouldn't be looking to reduce the price. JJH

If anyone is interested, I have just chopped in my GS for an XR and have a mudsling for sale. As well as numerous other accessories, just need to get around to posting pictures. £80.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

had a look on that site seems to be for the lc version those upper frame infils look good would they fit the tc frame

Back
Top Bottom