To Carb or not to Carb, that is the question (sort of)

Thanks all,
Mattgslc, options I have on the table are:
06 plate 883 on carbs, 4k miles for £4.8k in black (dealer).
14 plate 883 iron on FI, 4k miles with stage 1 for £6k (private sale)
16 plate 883 roadster on FI in amber whisky (??!), 3.5k miles for £6k (dealer)

14 Plate 883 with stage one. :thumb2

Mine has no chrome on it and I call it the "black bomber".

The Amber Whiskey colour scheme sounds a bit risqué and should not be trusted.

But you could have a nice FXR for that sort of money. :augie
Why buy an apple when you could have a peach. :nenau

This one....

I really couldn't give a fat rats chuff Doris on opinions of whether a 1200 is better than an 883 (opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one). That's not what I originally asked anyway and I certainly couldn't care less whether people approve of my choice, that's the beauty of motorcycles being individual.

I was after peoples experiences of carb v FI 883's and the main differences between a Roadster and a Sportster, nowt else.
If I'd have asked "what Harley should I buy", different question........

I don't actually give a fuck about you either, however I will give you the benefit of the fucking doubt.
Those two are both overpriced and I personally would not waste my fucking money on either of those heaps of shit.

I bought an 883 carbed rubbermount, 04 model.

It stayed at 883 for about 18 minutes after I bought it.
Fucking overweight , underpowered, rusty, wonky wheeled, shopping trolley heap of fucking shit.
Walk away now whilst your stupid idea is still a stupid idea and not an actual stupid action.

God.

I don't actually give a fuck about you either, however I will give you the benefit of the fucking doubt.
Those two are both overpriced and I personally would not waste my fucking money on either of those heaps of shit.

Fucking overweight , underpowered, rusty, wonky wheeled, shopping trolley heap of fucking shit.
Walk away now whilst your stupid idea is still a stupid idea and not an actual stupid action.

God.

You would do well to listen to this man, he may appear scary, but he is on the money:thumb2

I'll sell you this for £6k.

Attachments

• IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 105
Thanks all,
Mattgslc, options I have on the table are:
06 plate 883 on carbs, 4k miles for £4.8k in black (dealer).
16 plate 883 roadster on FI in amber whisky (??!), 3.5k miles for £6k (dealer)

go to the dealer and kick him in the nuts really hard on the price, there are 1000's of sportys out there for sale so you have the pick of the lot so to speak

fyi the 1200 kit is not a lot of money if you can do it yourself or get someone to do it for you if you wanted more power etc
if you can buy one with a stage 1 kit already fitted as will save you a lot also

Ha! I do love this forum.
You ask for information on a specific bike and people tell you to buy a different one! Mint! "I'd like to buy an apple, can anyone tell me about apples? I can only afford an apple", answer= "Buy an Orange".
The reason I dont want a 1200 is because I've yet to see one, in the price range I can afford, that doesnt look like it fell out of the chrome tree, and landed in the tasteless modification bucket at the bottom.
I like the 883 Iron and Sportster because I personally think they look more understated and "bad-ass" and arent covered in chrome.

I'd buy the one with the most farkles then sell off all the shite you don't want for a mahoosive profit to some mug in a Dorking car park

God.

'kin 'ell! I wish I'd never asked now!

Ive got an 883.......

I personally wouldn't buy any Harley built after 2007, unless you polish every inch of then with oil every hour on the hour they will rust before your eyes!!!

Back
Top Bottom