ACF50 spray.

Traffic893

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Firstly, sorry if this has been covered.
I was wondering if any person has used this spray and if doing so was it any good. As my bike is new and has had little road time I want to do it sooner rather than later. Any feedback appreciated.

About 90% if not more of the forum members use it and yes it's good. A quick search will reveal loads of stories.

It 'creeps' like f**k......watch your tyres/brakes......otherwise it's really good stuff......:thumb

I use Scottoil 365, it's water based and really thin so it gets in all the nooks & crannies and washes off easily. Been applied to several bikes used all year round and often left covered in salt. No corrosion when the bikes have been cleaned off so obviously works a treat. I've been told the ACF spray sticks like shit to a blanket and is really difficult to remove.

It seems to come off o.k with a liberal squirt of sdoc 100 and a blast from a power washer. No need for ACF 'til next November now.

Having used it this winter, and subsequently tried to clean the stuff off I will stick to FS365 in future (or the wax stuff that someone was using).

most riders tend to apply it to the bike during early winter ,then dont bother washing it till spring. i also found it was difficult to remove after this length of time..but....it certainly protected the bike ok . This year I applied it in Novemebr , and washed the bike once a month. after washing i again applied a new coating. Does exactly what it says on the tin

OP, dont think you need to use it now, most of the rough weather is gone. Just before the next winter , clean up your bike as best as poss then apply

most riders tend to apply it to the bike during early winter ,then dont bother washing it till spring. i also found it was difficult to remove after this length of time..but....it certainly protected the bike ok . This year I applied it in Novemebr , and washed the bike once a month. after washing i again applied a new coating. Does exactly what it says on the tin

OP, dont think you need to use it now, most of the rough weather is gone. Just before the next winter , clean up your bike as best as poss then apply

Thanks for the tip mate, much appreciated.

ACF 50 sticks a treat and doesn't just wash off.....that's the point of it.

When you DO want it off, just use paraffin....it works, it's cheap and it's not invasive....:thumb

Firstly, sorry if this has been covered.
I was wondering if any person has used this spray and if doing so was it any good. As my bike is new and has had little road time I want to do it sooner rather than later. Any feedback appreciated.

Mine gets a regular ACF treatment. I use a spray gun to apply it, but always cover up the wheels and use a cloth to ACF the rims and hubs.

Back
Top Bottom