1290 GT

Would that be the GB racing one or the Evotech ;0)

i made it myself, its actually a multistrada dvt front fender extender i cut and shaped and added it to the front engine cover, the part of the engine that is left exposed gets covered in crap otherwise.

It's annoying that there is a Roadlok (in black) that fits the RHS on the GT but is only available for the LHS on the SA - makes it easier to use if on the RHS.

Agreed. Having it on the left is a total PITA, especially if you have a bad back.

i made it myself, its actually a multistrada dvt front fender extender i cut and shaped and added it to the front engine cover, the part of the engine that is left exposed gets covered in crap otherwise.

The engine guard on the R & S comes up much higher than the GT one. You could have saved yourself some time!:D

It's annoying that there is a Roadlok (in black) that fits the RHS on the GT but is only available for the LHS on the SA - makes it easier to use if on the RHS.

The KTM branded Roadlok (in orange) fits on the right of my 1190. Probably fits the 1290 too?

I got one direct from Roadlok in the USA for my 1290 - it fits on the RHS. It's black not KTM orange though. It's for sale if you are interested.

I got one direct from Roadlok in the USA for my 1290 - it fits on the RHS. It's black not KTM orange though. It's for sale if you are interested.

If he isn’t interested I certainly will be so put my name down for second dibs please.

2019 model in MCN this week.

IMG_7099-2286x1728.jpg

The KTM branded Roadlok (in orange) fits on the right of my 1190. Probably fits the 1290 too?

Can't see how it can as it is handed.

Thanks, but i have the orange one - fitted to the LHS :mad:

To slow again lol......by the way folks, apparently the KTM branded Roadloks are not Thatcham approved whereas the Roadlok roadlok are (at least that was the case a few years back and unlikely to have changed - http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/rc8-superbike/448705-roadlok.html)

How ridiculous. I haven't told my insurance company I have one anyway, as they'd expect it to be fitted whenever I'm not riding the bike.

How ridiculous. I haven't told my insurance company I have one anyway, as they'd expect it to be fitted whenever I'm not riding the bike.

I never disclose any security devices for insurance discounts, it saves pennies and gives them an excuse to not pay out when a hoodie shoves you off at a set of traffic lights and nicks your bike - "Sir should of fitted his U-Lock when stationary at the traffic lights and this would of prevented the theft - claim denied"

I just state the security being "Only what the manufacturer provides" and that it is garaged overnight - except sometimes the price is the same for it not being garaged when I get the quote in which case I tell them to assume it may not always be in the garage - especially as they will try and wriggle out if it is stolen from outside your house shortly after you come home from work.

Bastards!

I wonder if the insurance companies know the GT can be started without a key or any special tools ?

Actually I wonder if ktm know ?

MCN this week, new GT for 2019

82b2f85435464884316c8f2c8dcf7f1c.jpg

It looks really strange, this time next year I can see 2018 models being sold at discounted prices.

There are quite a few of us who’ve taken advantage of the reduced price on the GT so am I the only one who’s had their insurance broker argue about the agreed value of the bike? I’ve phoned my broker (the thieves known as CN) and they seem to think that the cost to replace the bike is going to be £11k and after a bit of arguing they said they’d put it at £14.5 but then back-pedalled and said £13k maximum. My problem with that is that if the bike is stolen in 6 months time I’m not going to be able to get a replacement for £13k so I could easily be looking at them saying £13k less depreciation less excess here you go Andy, have a cheque for £10k.

I’ve found somewhere that will give me gap insurance for 3 years for a premium of £275 and that gives me the difference between the insurers valuation and the cost to buy new. Personally I think that’s not a lot of money to ensure I get a replacement GT if anything bad happens so what about the rest of you?

Nothing to do with KTM but the wife just got a new car, we got gap insurance via ALA and if you type in MSE25 it gives you a 25% discount...so for your quote it shows £273 but this drops to £204 with the moneysavingexpert code. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom