1290 GT

Well I’ve just shaken hands and signed on the dotted line to collect a grey GT at the beginning of January :D

We had to do a bit of wriggling to make me feel that I’d got the deal I wanted so they knocked the touring package down to £850 and I’m removing the Touratech panniers so they’ll be up for sale soon but I’m happy enough with the compromise.

Well I’ve just shaken hands and signed on the dotted line to collect a grey GT at the beginning of January :D

We had to do a bit of wriggling to make me feel that I’d got the deal I wanted so they knocked the touring package down to £850 and I’m removing the Touratech panniers so they’ll be up for sale soon but I’m happy enough with the compromise.

Well done.
The 2018 bike is on the KTM website.
New orange bike has orange wheels. Don’t really know if the cruise control has moved to the left or not.

Does anybody know if the switches are illuminated the same as on the 1290S?

I was asking about changes on the 2018 model and the guy in Gear4 showed me a photo and said the changes are purely cosmetic. I’d have asked about the cruise control switch if I’d thought about it but was more interested in the 2017 bike I was buying.

Apparently the 2018 bike will be about £400 more the the original price for the 2017 model so that kind of confirms no major changes.

Tried Craig’s last week with “ does it include the touring pack” ."....... I can 100% say it does not, it is just the standard bike

I was asking about changes on the 2018 model and the guy in Gear4 showed me a photo and said the changes are purely cosmetic. I’d have asked about the cruise control switch if I’d thought about it but was more interested in the 2017 bike I was buying.

Apparently the 2018 bike will be about £400 more the the original price for the 2017 model so that kind of confirms no major changes.

if you have a look here: http://www.ktm.com/gb/sports-tourer/1290-super-duke-gt-2018/Chassis

scroll down the page to the bike you can see the new headlight but theres no cruise on the left switch assy, it does look very smart in black, i doubt very much they will sell many after discounting the same bike (apart from colour) by £5000 so give it 12 months, this time next year when there going to be a new model for 2019 and no doubt there'll be another bargain to be had.

I recon CT could do something special with a paint job !!

Black would be my chosen colour if I was buying a 2018 model GT but I can forgive a lot of things for £5k

New revised model with new dash etc etc will be in the region of £17500 for 2019 ,so this reduced model is a bargain 👍

Make of mine just bought one today. KTM have not changed the residual payment, so on a PCP he is paying £108 per month. Bargain. However KTM may end up with a few at the end of the finance contracts.

Probably the best bike we saw at NEC this year

if you have a look here: http://www.ktm.com/gb/sports-tourer/1290-super-duke-gt-2018/Chassis

scroll down the page to the bike you can see the new headlight but theres no cruise on the left switch assy, it does look very smart in black, i doubt very much they will sell many after discounting the same bike (apart from colour) by £5000 so give it 12 months, this time next year when there going to be a new model for 2019 and no doubt there'll be another bargain to be had.

I recon CT could do something special with a paint job !!

Is that an LED headlight on the 2018 model?

Is that an LED headlight on the 2018 model?

Well that picture shows it having the led headlight as per other models that have the vent in the h/light.

023c501a6cdb1cb3f2cb1d6a8e64f156.jpg

Strange that they changed the headlight. But not the dash.

Not ordered mine just yet. Dithering.

Don’t dither too long. I hadn’t planned to go yesterday but looking on here and the KTM forum suggested a day of procrastination could see me dipping out so I decided to give up on my original plan to go to bed (I’d worked night shift then had 2.5 hours sleep before driving home) and go and buy a bike instead.

Well that picture shows it having the led headlight as per other models that have the vent in the h/light.

023c501a6cdb1cb3f2cb1d6a8e64f156.jpg

It would appear so, but it seems odd that it’s not mentioned anywhere. You’d have thought they’d market it more, as it’s quite a big change.

Gear4 are waiting for the arrival of another batch of bikes but most have already been sold. I’m pretty sure they said they’ve got 20 on the way but then that’s it, game over, price goes up again.

Back
Top Bottom