1290 GT

Make sure to try the different suspension modes down a bumpy road.

Mate just bought one new for £10999, must be a pre reg but a bargain at that price.

All of the ones on offer at £10,999 are pre registered but that won’t worry me in the slightest bit.

A friend who has owned a GT for about 18 months suggested that I should set the suspension to comfort and rider plus luggage for a couple of thousand miles from new though I’d expected the test bike to have at least a couple of thousand miles on it by now.

I’ll go through all the settings when I have my test ride and I know where to find some uneven roads plus roundabouts with particularly poor surfaces within a few miles of the dealer.

Only ridden twice this year (long story involving old bike crash injuries and surgery)......once to take the SMT for an MOT before selling it a few weeks back......and today...

IMG_20171207_122035-X3.jpg

IMG_20171207_122010-X3.jpg

IMG_20171207_122046-X3.jpg

The plan was to wait until Spring and consider a new bike then however, the GT having been on my radar since launch and coupled now with the almost 'you'd be stupid to pass up' pricing on the 2017 model...

IMG_20171207_131004-X3.jpg

IMG_20171207_131011-X3.jpg

IMG_20171207_130954-X3.jpg

....hang on, a further £500 off the crazy £10999 price tag (apparently a one off to clear showroom stock).......and the right colour...............SOLD :D :beer:

That's a great deal, did it include the touring pack (panniers etc), as pictured?

I might start waving that photo showing the price as £10,499 at the salesman on Saturday 😀

Presume it's the same everywhere.....after you order the bike.
The pre-reg bit just means that the dealer will show as the first owner. You still get full 2 year warranty etc.

Reason for me asking, I'm in talks with Austria regarding how this has fooked the value of my bike up, they have stated this (below) obviously if your are the first registered keeper it would really help because they are saying the opposite.

In regards to the pre-registration of these bikes that does make them used bikes, albeit 0 mileage. There is a differentiation in terms of the length of warranty available on these models and the how they qualify for our retail promotions, they will also show as one additional registered keeper

Dealer shows on V5C as first owner....

Edit....you posted again before my reply. I was told by dealer that I get full 2 year warranty and no adverse effects. I'm guessing registration to dealer and sale on to me will be same date or near as.

Presume it's the same everywhere.....after you order the bike.
The pre-reg bit just means that the dealer will show as the first owner. You still get full 2 year warranty etc.

So, 67 plate?
Yes

But Ktm stating they are effectively used bikes and they suggest in there reply they will be worth less than mine.

Sounds like bollox.

I’ll be asking the obvious questions about date of first registration and start of warranty period before parting with any cash but if you knock off the VAT then normal ‘on the road’ costs like PDI and number plate along with any of the other small costs they like to add on they’re not actually discounting them that much.

They’ll be pushing potential buyers towards the finance packages they make the most commission on and while you can often negotiate a better price on accessories I don’t think that’ll happen either. As for trade in values, I’m expecting the trade in on my 1190 to be at least £500 and probably closer to a grand less than I’d get if I was buying a 1290 SAS.

It’s still a good price so unless they try to dry bum me on the trade in value of my 1190 I’ll be buying one.

DPI, number plate, road tax and delivery to me all in for the ticket price for me...me and the Mrs even got a free breakfast :D
I was offered accessories/options at 10% discount with free fitting as well.

Back
Top Bottom