1290 GT

stroller

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Paid a visit to Fowlers (Bristol) today and noticed that they seem to have a number of new GT's in the showroom (presumably unsold) - might be an opportunity if someone is looking for one.

I'll wait until they drop £3k and throw in a few extras. It'll happen, I just need to be patient 😀

Funny - I very nearly bought one and would probably have been perfectly happy.

But now I have the SA-S any other dashboard seems positively stone age (fickle nonsense I know).

I reckon KTM will have the new dash on the GT next year so if you're able to resist temptation and stick with what you have for this season my guess is heavy discounts at the end of the year to shift 2017 stock...

One bonus of going for this years model SD GT is that you don't get that horrendous looking headlight. :thumb2

I reckon KTM will have the new dash on the GT next year so if you're able to resist temptation and stick with what you have for this season my guess is heavy discounts at the end of the year to shift 2017 stock...

I think it will be this time nxt yr for the GT with new Led headlight - new dash - auto blipper - cruise on left .

Mines a cracking tool, really is fantastic, I'll probably trade mine end of year, I'll be sticking with Ktm
625314c986c7e7ce73961e42eae40eef.jpg

Hey Ding-Dong

Can you tell me about the Arkro silencer (price?) and your GPS set up please?

Hey Ding-Dong

Can you tell me about the Arkro silencer (price?) and your GPS set up please?

I brought the akro off eBay £250 (new) was listed for a SD and a bargain, there £700 for the GT same item just different part no, I have the Ktm sat nav bracket came with the touring pack, I've fitted a TomTom rider 5 and it just clears the screen in the low position, I like the Ktm bracket you push it sideways and it rotates to various positions.

I think it will be this time nxt yr for the GT with new Led headlight - new dash - auto blipper - cruise on left .

Mines a cracking tool, really is fantastic, I'll probably trade mine end of year, I'll be sticking with Ktm
625314c986c7e7ce73961e42eae40eef.jpg

oi!! first dibbs on that Rocket mate

Anyone buying a GT will probably find the gearing long especially in 6th you need to be doing a ton for the bike to be happy, so in the interest of tinkering I've been playing with gearing, swopped the front sprox for the ktm 1 tooth less sprox and the change was to drastic, it lost its long torque curve and seemed to rev too quickly obviously 1 on the front is like going up 3 on the rear. So I put the stock back on the front and changed the rear from a 38 to a 39 and there's a good improvement and have done many miles with this gearing, however I still noted hairpin bends in 2nd it felted liked you were in a high gear when your actually not ! So I changed the rear to a 40 sprox 2 up from stock and it's absolutely perfect will sit happily at 70 in 6th but the biggest difference is the acceleration, tis very very quick.

Oh and just for steve, bit of bling and titanium nuts
1435bfff6d036cc0cdbfec795a8878c9.jpg

That makes no sense, 2 teeth on a 40 tooth sprocket is about 5%, so if before you need to be doing a ton, those revs would now be coming up at 95 and not 70.

haha that it one cool bike mate.. know what you mean about changing the gearing, i went from 39-42 on the duke and it changed the bike completely for the better

Attachments

• IMG_0773 (1) (2).jpg
    IMG_0773 (1) (2).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 768
That makes no sense,

It was a logic explanation of the gearing and how it felt and that you can sit at legal speeds now in top whereas before it was impossible, however to be exact 2 teeth has made a difference of 500 rpm in top gear .

I'll wait until they drop £3k and throw in a few extras. It'll happen, I just need to be patient 😀

Getting there Andy, just got an email from Craigsmotorcycles offered 2k off pre registered.:)

Back
Top Bottom