R1100/1150GS Injector upgrade from the US - group buy interest?

id wait for roger rt seen a few comments from him about this.

Ive read Roger's thoughts on this and as I understand it he feels that the benefits are only very definite if your existing injectors are mismatched or needing cleaned. While this may make sense on paper you cant argue with the sheer number of people reporting immediate, real world improvement. In fact, its almost unanimous. The EV14 injectors have a different spray delivery than the old EV1 ones meaning better atomisation also - unless im mistaken.

While having your own injectors cleaned may improve things, for me id rather spend a little more and have the newer tech with professionally matched injectors.

I don't mean to be the grinch that stole Christmas, but here is my take.

--Both vendors are providing a good service, matching injectors.

--Matched injectors, maintained with periodic cleaning are as important as a TB sync for engine smoothness.

--An enchanced spray pattern, in a cold engine, may improve starting.

--Even dozens of glowing reports don't carry much weight for me. I remember the US IIceAir product. Hundreds of glowing reports, from R1150 & R1200 riders, inspite of temp shifting not working and not even a temp shift on the R1200 due to a design error.

--One benefit of the injectors, faster turn on time, will temporarily richen the mixture at small to mid throttle openings and that will be noticed initially. Over time though, it will be corrected by the long term trims of the Motronic.

--As for better atomization, I don't know, probably a cold start benefit. At all times, the fuel for each cylinder is sprayed in two shots, one with the intake valve open and the other during the exhaust stroke with the intake valve shut.

As I said at the beginning, no issue with the vendors, they seem to be doing a good job.

RB

Thanks for the input Roger. I understand (and I think most other do too) that new injectors are not going to make our old GSes into superbikes. If it smooths things out and makes starting easier then im happy knowing that the injectors are well matched. A bit of newer technology on the old pigs cant be bad, they changed the injector design for a reason I hope ;)

SO far confirmed:

gog 1100
Rugged Path 1150 - PAID
barak666 1150 - PAID
GingerPickle 1150 - PAID
Slipperyeel 1150 - PAID
trickytree 1150 - PAID
bowser 1100 - PAID
Redsprocket 1150 - PAID
jbox 1150 - PAID
mspenz 1150 - PAID

I have read of this on pelican part forum. So far positive results.

Apparently SAAB injectors fit the 11XX. Just a replacement but no real improvement.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-...930071-r1200-injector-kit-r1100s-r1150xx.html
from what i have read its more beneficial on the 1100 than the 1150.i know my injectors are clean and balanced because i had this done last year for £20. so i think ill wait for the first batch to be fitted and see what there reviews are. if its a upgrade worth buying. i look at it if your injectors are dirty and unbalanced or warn. you will notice a big improvement with this kit but is it worth they £120. or £20 to get you injectors cleaned and balanced

i hear what you're saying MH but no amount of cleaning is going to 'balance' mismatched injectors. i don't know if BMW matched them closely out the gate but i guess we will see.

ok guys out of the 15 that originally expressed interest 9 have confirmed and paid and 2 have pulled out. cut off is monday afternoon so 3 spots still available and 3 still to respond.

I have posted in boxertrix. Maybe there will be some interest from 11S owners.

shite send by my phone when I'm not looking

My thinking is...we all like to farkle and we have all spent far too much on something totally unnecessery at some point in the past so where's the problem on spending £125 on something that 'probably' will make even a slight improvement in starting & smoother running?
Roger 04RT is obviously an intelligent guy who who makes it very clear that John's tuning chips will not make any difference and he also provides 'evidence' to back up his claims..this doesn't explain why there are literally hundreds of happy and satisfied customers who can report gains and improvements.

Let folk spend their own hard earned cash as they please, if this doesn't interest you then move on to something else that does :nenau

this comment say it all..
So my 2001 ran good with its original injectors. It now runs good with the r1200 injectors. Unless you just want newer looking injectors, save your money and be satisfied as-is.
What I meant was that for the 1100S the SAAB injectors are more readily available albeit 350cc instead of 325cc.

The benefit of the 1200 injector on the 11XX is the spray pattern. The adjustment of the fueling is probably within the parameter of the Motronic. The real benefit would be when this is matched to a Power Commander or similar. The bike might even be smoother.

As I take the bike to track I will feel the difference but for day to day riding you have to decide where to spend the money.

shite send by my phone when I'm not looking

iv got an af xied fitted so its a smooth running bike anyway. ill wait for some reviews when fitted

Morning Gordon, questions - how much is the kit also does it include everything, brackets, spacers, rubber mounts etc etc that you need to mount the new injectors to in my case a 1998 r1100gs.

hi cartejo - the 1100GS cost is £143 delivered which includes new injectors, brackets, spacers, everything you need.

PMs now sent to Kenny and mspenz

Paul Young I cant PM you so if youre still interested let me know.

Going to give it the weekend and Monday morning for everyone to confirm and pay, placing the order Monday afternoon hopefully.

Hi Gog. It might be that I'm not a subscriber at the moment, but I'll confirm my interest and will send you the payment via PayPal ASAP.
Can you please let me know your email address for PayPal? Send it to me at:
paul(dot)young5(at)btinternet.com

Back
Top Bottom