R1100/1150GS Injector upgrade from the US - group buy interest?

thanks you lot. box arrived today and all kits will be in the post tomorrow for delivery wed/thur. i'm sending them 1st class recorded but not going to send 12 PMs with tracking codes unless requested as the message inbox fills up too quick and i'm fed up deleting stuff

good stuff Bob, no probs. unfortunately I wont have time to install and test my own set for a few days as the bikes on the ramp because ive got the calipers off to rebuild.

Just received, Gordon....many thanks for all the work you did on this - much appreciated. :beerjug:

I should get chance to fit them this morning and hope to get the bike down to the local shop for an mot so I'll try to update with first impressions, later. What's the guidance on resetting the moronic or not?

I'll also highlight that I have a PC3, 1100S inlet tubes, a K&N air filter and a 3.5bar fuel pressure regulator fitted, so it's already a bit 'interesting' and may not be very typical :green gri

Sounds interesting Paul! I dont know if resetting the motronic would be required, it would likely adjust itself over time, but it couldnt hurt for the few minutes it would take to start with a 'clean slate'. Thats what I would do, but I have no idea whether or not thats what you *should* do ;)

Ok, the deed is done and the new injectors are certainly a significant improvement over the last time I rode it. It feels like when I upgraded the fuel pressure regulator - words to describe it would be 'perkier' or 'sparky'. It just feels rejuvinated, which is something significant for my 2000 model year 1150.

A lot of this is subjective but the throttle is less on/off at the bottom end so the pick-up is so much smoother. It also revs through significantly quicker and feels smoother through the rev range. All this was just from swapping the injectors as I didn't reset the motronic in the end, or do any changes to valve clearances or TB balancing. Overall, I feel it was well worth the cost and effort.

Thanks for taking on the tough bit, Gordon :thumb

Back
Top Bottom