A3 Avg Speed Camera's Into London

Why control speed? everyone knows it's not the speed that gets ya, it's suddenly becoming immobile that kills you...

ɹǝpun uʍop˙˙˙ɹǝƃpɐq lǝʌɐɹפ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝS

If it's all about raising revenue, they could be in for a shock because if lots of people get banned from driving they won't be buying fuel so therefore not paying huge fuel duty & vat but more so if they're unemployed they won't be paying tax or NI + claiming off the state!

I use the A3 myself in the daily commute...I get on just after the camera, but will have to keep my eyes open as I normally don't really stick to the limits! oops

A lot of average speed cameras face towards the vehicles they're measuring the speed of so bikes can ignore them.

These A3 ones face forwards, so read rear plates. To be honest of your'e commuting these cameras aren't going to effect you, its at the point where it goes 70-50mph and 3 lanes down to 2, its congested most of the time and you're filtering. There's now an avg speed camera sign.

They have them on the A2 as well now, replaced all the speed cameras. Read the rear number plates as well. They were installed for a few months but I think they only went live on the 1st of this month. Maybe worth googling find out when they go live.

Average Speed Cameras, Who's Been Done ?

I've asked this before.
Does anyone actually know anyone who has been caught & prosecuted by one of these ?
I know they are live & working all over London.
I just have n't heard of anyone done yet.:confused:

I've asked this before.
Does anyone actually know anyone who has been caught & prosecuted by one of these ?

Now that you mention it, I haven't heard of anyone either!

I've been "testing" the ones on the Westway, from Paddington, getting out at Sheperds Bush, pushing a bit over the limit (and once, pissed off, way over) no fine yet.
But seems like there is no camera checking if you get out on that ramp.

My wild guess is that even though the distance between the cameras checking the average speed is not massive... you might have to speed quite a lot to get caught, or probably they won't prosecute people doing an average of 45ish over 40.

If it's all about raising revenue, they could be in for a shock because if lots of people get banned from driving they won't be buying fuel so therefore not paying huge fuel duty & vat but more so if they're unemployed they won't be paying tax or NI + claiming off the state!
If this continues, we'll need to invent a special kind of stupid to accommodate it.

FYI - London Average Speed Cameras

I've asked this before.

You will find that the average speed cameras on the following into/around London (within the MPS) are live now ...

A2
A316
A406
A40
A13

Others to follow but the ones above are currently live and being enforced.

Now that you mention it, I haven't heard of anyone either!

They still only have the same amount of staff to process the offences. Previously with fixed units, when they went digital, it was only circa 7% of activations per annum. It is also totally random what they decide to look at on any occasion. So if you have someone who is holding lots of points for speeding on their licence from any London 'speed camera' device, they are either incredibly unlucky, blind or take the piss (only they will know which category they fall into) :augie

No date for the A3 cameras yet ............

I think I will just keep taking it easy...will end up me taking a chance and then having to explain to the boss why I have a fine!!

Back
Top Bottom