A3 Avg Speed Camera's Into London

crotchrocket

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
ARGHHHHHHH. First signs this morning of average speed cameras being installed at the start of the 50mph section of the A3 North Bound :eek: So far, only 3 posts. I'm gonna have to start getting up earlier. Hope they don't go mad and fit the bastard things everywhere.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 15.33.10.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 15.33.10.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 504
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 15.32.47.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 15.32.47.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 519
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 15.32.11.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 15.32.11.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
We have them in Yorkshire now, love them...............more time to see the fine scenery at 49mph:thumb2

These will be on ALL motorways and dual carriageways one day.

A40, A406 in London (just a few roads I know of) have had these permanently installed for the last 8-9 months I think, and have replaced old fashioned yellow boxes on a post. People still drive like looneys. I guess till they land them self a few points on their licence and a self inflicted insurance premium hike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly yes.
The average speed cameras on the Westway (A40) in London reduced the first section of it (and they don't even take the average speed up to Sheperd's Bush) to a crawl.
You are stuck behind mincabs doing 37/38/39mph on the respective three lanes :D

I think it'll be great and will reduce accidents from nutters speeding

Why speed, when you can sit back at pootle along at 50/60/70???

Wheezy old bikes, like the 1150 will come into their own again then, I might buy an old Morris 1000 Traveller too

M3/M5's will be unnecessary

I think it'll be great and will reduce accidents from nutters speeding

Why speed, when you can sit back at pootle along at 50/60/70???

Wheezy old bikes, like the 1150 will come into their own again then, I might buy an old Morris 1000 Traveller too

M3/M5's will be unnecessary

Same here. Motorways are absolute last resort for me.

And in the two years I had my M3, I can count on one hand how many times it went on a motorway.;)

Weirdly I think huge stretches of A Roads with average speed checks are more dangerous. The amount of complete dicks I see with cruise control on texting is unbelievable. I've seen a huge increase in it since they went up on the A406 and the other A road from London out to harrow.

All finished this morning, cameras on and pointing at the road. Rode the more licence friendly Scrambler into work :D

Oddly they only replaced the fixed speed camera, in the middle of these new avg speed cameras a year or so ago.

Back
Top Bottom