Biker Betten books French Alps, Slovenia & Istria

Wapping

Reaction score
Following a link from the ALPENTOURER magazine, I bought two books via Amazon on Slovenia and the French Alps. They are really quite good. Yes, they are in 'foreign' but with some excellent maps and enough basic detail to enable anyone to use what they suggest without too much difficulty. You can also download the routes in a GPS format.

Both books arrived within a few days, delivered to my doorstep. Easy, really.

f11c9f766c22055406399a2b279b91a8.jpg

ce7a661665228cede30d7fb76a216497.jpg

The third book, Croatia, has arrived to complete the set.

Again, nicely presented with 10 easy to follow and GPS downloadable ready routes.

e04f9b4a0d70511e1e5282cc47225431.jpg

f1d1f4b8c858517eca59321e9f3220be.jpg

I love them. I think the only European country I am missing now is Finland and maybe Greece in a book form of some sort or another.

It's still my dream on the day I retire to lightly load a modest motorcycle (or a small car) for a year away, trying to 'do Europe' on the very cheap. There are loads of things (outside of the views, which are always - or near enough - free) to see in towns and cities from the tip of Norway to the far tip of Italy and Spain. All you need is the time and inclination to map them all out. One day, God willng.

I love them. I think the only European country I am missing now is Finland and maybe Greece in a book form of some sort or another.

It's still my dream on the day I retire to lightly load a modest motorcycle (or a small car) for a year away, trying to 'do Europe' on the very cheap. There are loads of things (outside of the views, which are always - or near enough - free) to see in towns and cities from the tip of Norway to the far tip of Italy and Spain. All you need is the time and inclination to map them all out. One day, God willng.

What a wonderful goal...I really really like the sound of that.

Like yourself Wapping and like many on here, I just love planning out routes a major part of the buzzzz......but imagine getting off he ferry at your chosen point in Europe and having the freedom and time to return when you have had your fill...yes please!!!!

What a wonderful goal...I really really like the sound of that.

Like yourself Wapping and like many on here, I just love planning out routes a major part of the buzzzz......but imagine getting off he ferry at your chosen point in Europe and having the freedom and time to return when you have had your fill...yes please!!!!

I'll second that thought!

Back
Top Bottom