Carb syncing

Robbiem

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
I've had a 1150 for 18mths now -- loving it -- passed me test and done 20k.
I've just joined this forum and it's provided many hours of interesting reading already -- thanks
I made a homemade gauge for syncing the carbs -- about 6ft tall of clear pipe on a wooden batten filled with atf oil. There are many examples on you tube.

The bike seems to run ok but just checking whether this is the best DIY method of carrying out a carb sync ?? And any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did that satisfactorily, check it under load as well say 2,500 revs, keep an eye on engine temp.

Cheers thanks -- I take it out for a good run first -- but it does seem a bit of a rush trying to get it done before it gets too warm --

Do you release any slack off throttle cable before starting ?? I've read mixed reports ?

I just sync on each brass screw at tick over to get equal then twist grip up to 2500 rpm and adjust cable adjuster on right hand carb to get fluid level at that rpm.

Thanks for the reply

Ps not sure if I've posted in the correct section ?

Rob

Hello from a newbie. I am going to make one of those but don't know what size plastic tubing to use. Is it 6mm?

I just sync on each brass screw at tick over to get equal then twist grip up to 2500 rpm and adjust cable adjuster on right hand carb to get fluid level at that rpm.

First thing... You can adjust any side, but preferably the side that needs the adjuster loosening and not tightening.

Second thing... Have a couple of mm play in the outer cables to start with.

Third thing....They are throttle bodies not carbs.

First thing... You can adjust any side, but preferably the side that needs the adjuster loosening and not tightening.

Second thing... Have a couple of mm play in the outer cables to start with.

Third thing....They are throttle bodies not carbs.

Cheers thanks for the reply -- just looking back through posts and noticed your comments-- I'll get the hang of this forum thingy soon!

Back
Top Bottom