Changing battery on HP2 E

NeilWhy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi....does anyone know of an easy way to change the battery. Don't know how the one I have in my bike managed to even fit in . There are wings at the side so battery can not move about, and it looks like the only way to get battery out is to take the shock out. Surely BMW are not that stupid !!! W:confused::confused::confused::confused:

If I remember correctly, haven't done it in a while, you remove the hold down, remove the terminal screws and wires, flip battery on it's side and remove. Super easy and fast. I run the yuasa ytz14s battery or their less expensive sub brand Motocross, more cranking power than stock, and lasts a long time. Never have battery problems again. I have one in my bike right now. The most important thing is to ride regularly it keeps the battery charged and the whole bike in running condition.

If you don’t use the bike much you may want to consider a JMT lithium. Yes I go on about them but the 240cca version costs about £65, fits nicely, is a chunk smaller than the equivalent lead acid and MUCH lighter weight (0.85Kg).
The big win is no need for Optimate type battery tender as lack of use won’t cause damage. If it does need charging a standard car battery charger is fine.

Post got chopped for some reason.

Lithium starter batteries behave differently when cold. A cold lead acid can be a one hit wonder then suddenly flat.
A cold lithium won’t initially deliver full current but a few engine turns warm the battery (and circulate engine oil). Then try again and it spins fine. It will keep going if needed.

Back
Top Bottom