Question re lifetime map updates

Betty Swollocks

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My Garmin 660 didn't come with lifetime map updates, so I bough a voucher which I activated and now they are linked to that device.

Today I bought another device for the car and it is supposed to have lifetime map updates, but it is a display model from Halfords and my question is, when I register the device will the Garmin website automaticly know it is entitled to updates or do I need a voucher code again. Reason is there is nothing in the box and I am concerned someone has lifted it.

I don't want to register the device if the code is missing.

I had an ex display 660 - otherwise the same scenario. I just logged on & updated. Using Garmin Express, the unit was recognised, no need for any vouchers/codes. Just give it a try.

Garmin Express will recognise each unit separately and I assume their database will include whether its an LM model?

Note that I understand lifetime to Garmin is not the life of the device but only how long they decide they are going to support the device.

They don't support the 550 or 660 anymore but still let you update maps twice a year.

Back
Top Bottom