NAV VI received.

Looking at the NAV 6 the music streaming feature with NAV 6 playing and controlling music from the phone is a new feature for the NAV 6 not available on the NAV 5

The NAV 5 needs mp3 stored in its memory/sdcard then you can use the nav 5 to play/control the music. I prefer this option as it doesn't drain the phone battery playing music continuously via bluetooth.

With my set up
fa37923f0190f170f9161532f5b487cb.jpg
phone is being charged of the bike as I use it.
I have a tank bag with givi power hub installed. Power supply coming of the battery, routed around and under fuel tank, brought out on the right hand side in the headstock cavity. From there I plug in flexi/coiled cable linking to the bag and it's 3 USB ports that will charge my power bank, drift camera batteries, etc. No problems there. Plus I always see any important info on the screen of my phone like family text messages or who's calling and if it is worth answering or not. So to answer your question I have no drain on my phones battery while I play music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With my set up
fa37923f0190f170f9161532f5b487cb.jpg
phone is being charged of the bike as I use it.
I have a tank bag with givi power hub installed. Power supply coming of the battery, routed around and under fuel tank, brought out on the right hand side in the headstock cavity. From there I plug in flexi/coiled cable linking to the bag and it's 3 USB ports that will charge my power bank, drift camera batteries, etc. No problems there. Plus I always see any important info on the screen of my phone like family text messages or who's calling and if it is worth answering or not. So to answer your question I have no drain on my phones battery while I play music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question about the givi power hub.

How do you connect it to the battery and is it water proof?

Quick question about the givi power hub.

How do you connect it to the battery and is it water proof?

"O" type couplers to the battery terminals, etc. It is designed to be used on a motorcycle and as such rubber caps for sealing connections when not in use, when in use all connections have rubber sleves aproximately 25-30mm long. Works fine for me.

Might answer a few questions re audio.

I may be wrong, the below is just from me playing with it and not definitive.

-Have to change volume from headset/Sena

-Skip song via headset or touch screen, not with click wheel.

-Browsing music via touch screen only, but only iTunes folders accessible. Spotify needs to be be browsed via phone but once on a playlist you can skip using the touch screen.

-Artwork generally displays for both Spotify and ITunes but where it doesn't pull this it shows an old school image of an iPod.

Anyone know how I can get Siri to work? The button on my Sena no longer summons her...

4a759fc05fd1546d1aea2a80e2b7cb4e.jpg

3b8e86f07118e185fbe153df1c3297b0.jpg
c8c080d807e4e8b4a34e51cd823de56e.jpg

Got mine along with the bike yesterday. Updated software / firmware this morning. Compared to my last unit, it's pretty good. Looks more like a phone in the holder, but in a good way. Screen is great at reducing glare too.

On the nav v , you scroll through the menu till page comes up, then click the wheel left till your music page is on . From here you can choose your song, click to the next one or previous. All without removing your hand of the bar. Illegal offence now !

seems you get a nav5 free with most bmw bikes but not the GS range :nenau

I have just ordered my new GSA TE and didn't get offered anything but I know BMW pay £350 for a nav5 so may be some going cheapy soon

so basically, its not the law on motorcycles but the law can prosecute if they see fit ??

oh there are so many sodding grey areas with bullshit like this it grinds my gears ffs

You can use hands-free phones, satellite navigation systems and two-way radios when you're driving or riding. Pushing buttons on a phone while it is in a cradle or mounted on the handlebars of a motorbike is not covered by the new offence, provided you don't hold the device.*But if the police think you're distracted and not in control of your vehicle you could still*risk prosecution for failing to have proper control of a vehicle under Regulation 104 of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986. If there is an incident, or your vehicle control is judged to be poor as the result of the use of any phone or similar device, this might also justify charges of careless or dangerous driving. So get caught reprogramming your satnav, or fiddling with your GoPro, and you could face even worse penalties.

There are still far too many tossers driving cars with phones glued to their ear for the Police to deal with before they bother with whether a biker pressing a button is in full control.

Many years ago an old copper ( who was my mates dad) told me that most people who get nicked talked themselves into a ticket by failing the 'attitude test'.

If I get stopped by Police I remain polite and courteous and pay attention to the 'words of advice' being dispensed.

Touch wood I have never had an endorsement in over 30 years driving everything from mopeds to artics.

Start questioning plod about catching murderers and rapists and it's only going to end one way.

There are still far too many tossers driving cars with phones glued to their ear for the Police to deal with before they bother with whether a biker pressing a button is in full control.

Many years ago an old copper ( who was my mates dad) told me that most people who get nicked talked themselves into a ticket by failing the 'attitude test'.

If I get stopped by Police I remain polite and courteous and pay attention to the 'words of advice' being dispensed.

Touch wood I have never had an endorsement in over 30 years driving everything from mopeds to artics.

Start questioning plod about catching murderers and rapists and it's only going to end one way.

Exactly. It also depends on the officer, and what sort of mood they're in at the time. Someone I know got caught before Christmas doing speeds that would get a ban (and even prison looking at some recent news threads), however, remained calm and polite with the officers, and managed to get off with just a caution. Being a chauffeur in a new S Class may have helped, rather than being a hairy arsed biker.:D

My Nav adds to my enjoyment, following a plotted route is easy as you only have to glance at it after every turn for the next turn info or listen to the instructions. Only check the phone when stopped. Nav's got a better/ clearer speedo as well

My bike displays tyre pressures in PSI but the Nav V will only show in BAR. Anyone know if the Nav 6 has the option to display BAR or PSI?

I had hoped they would have updated the interface a bit but it looks very much the same. Anyone seen the traffic notifications yet? On the newer Garmins it displays them on the right hand side with distance to the congestion instead of just the amount of time on the left

My Nav V displays pressures in PSI.

Perhaps it was an oversight, someone at Garmin probably just got the sack :)

The majority of glare is caused by the air gap between the screen and the glass/plastic covering the screen. Apple stopped selling anti glare laptops when they introduced the Retina display. The reason for this was the air gap was reduced to 0.2mm from about 2mm.

Also anti glare screens are notoriously hard to read in direct sunlight. No glare, but also not enough brightness to see what's on the display.

TL;DR: New Nav is good re glare.

Back
Top Bottom