NAV VI received.

The majority of glare is caused by the air gap between the screen and the glass/plastic covering the screen. Apple stopped selling anti glare laptops when they introduced the Retina display. The reason for this was the air gap was reduced to 0.2mm from about 2mm.

Also anti glare screens are notoriously hard to read in direct sunlight. No glare, but also not enough brightness to see what's on the display.

TL;DR: New Nav is good re glare.

Ok :) will take a look at a live one to compare.

"O" type couplers to the battery terminals, etc. It is designed to be used on a motorcycle and as such rubber caps for sealing connections when not in use, when in use all connections have rubber sleves aproximately 25-30mm long. Works fine for me.

Thanks just wanted to know how the connectors fare when connected and exposed to the elements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got mine today using a 10% discount on accessories leaflet that North Oxford Garage sent me last week. The offer was meant for their car accessories but as they sent me it in the post and I only have a bike they honoured it :)

Apple Device

Received mine yesterday ,I connected to my iPhone every time I go to media,iphone I can't browse playlists as it displays a message saying receiving info from Apple device , tried a customers and same message so contacted Garmin, will keep you posted .

Prop

Received mine yesterday ,I connected to my iPhone every time I go to media,iphone I can't browse playlists as it displays a message saying receiving info from Apple device , tried a customers and same message so contacted Garmin, will keep you posted .

Prop

Garmin support are beyond useless so good luck....

Would it be cheaper to buy from Germany? Anyone got any links to save some dollar.
£675 a little strong

Just got an email from Cotswold motorrad, nick can do NAV VI at £595 delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there much of a difference between the V and VI as far as actually being a sat nav goes? After picking up my GSA in December I was waiting to see what the VI was like, but if eBay's about to be flooded with Vs for half the price then that seems like the better bet.

Here you go.

nickspiller@cotswoldgroup.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers buddy, just spoke with Nick and placed my order.

Where the Nav V breaks down is the communication with iPhone etc for music

This issue is supposed to be resolved for NAV VI

If navigation is your only use then the NAV V will be much better value.

eBay will be flooded with fives anytime

Garmin support are beyond useless so good luck...

Well, a full day of e-mails between Garmin and myself an we got to "try a factory reset" , that doesn't work, so both units returned to BMW for a refund, back to my nav v that's just a useless.

Prop

Where the Nav V breaks down is the communication with iPhone etc for music

This issue is supposed to be resolved for NAV VI

If navigation is your only use then the NAV V will be much better value.

eBay will be flooded with fives anytime

Cheers. Much as I like New and Shiny I've never listened to music on the bike and if I did it would probably contribute to me ending up in a hedge, so a half priced V is probably the better way to go.

Back
Top Bottom