NAV VI received.

Hello Newbie First post so please be nice!

Has anyone got their Nav 6 working properly with Sena 20s and iPhone 7? There are so many combinations but i figured its best to connect all to the Nav 6 and let that be the central hub.
However it seems that I need to connect the iPhone first which i manage to do by pressing the phone button on the 20s once all devices are switched on.

Hello Newbie First post so please be nice!

Has anyone got their Nav 6 working properly with Sena 20s and iPhone 7? There are so many combinations but i figured its best to connect all to the Nav 6 and let that be the central hub.
However it seems that I need to connect the iPhone first which i manage to do by pressing the phone button on the 20s once all devices are switched on.

Mine worked fine but I couldn't use Siri from the 20S as it was connected to the Nav and then to the phone which is really annoying.

I found a lot of bugs with curvy Road planning when plan a long distance trip. So many times navi pulled me out of Road to go through exit and go back on road through junction. Very annoying

Turn off auto-recalculate

Not the answer. Auto recalculate is for re calculating for when you go off route either by mistake or unknown diversion. It auto calculates you back on track (or not if the route is poorly planned)

If the OP's routes are changing it suggests his preferences are different on his device from those used to plan the route. Or it could be that the "planned" route does not have enough points to force the route in the way intended. The device will try to run the route according to the preferences the operator has set. These are its orders from the operator and it will try to obey orders!

John

I did but then noticed trip is different anyway compared with gpx file

are you loading them from BAsecamp or a third party GPX mapping software like motorgoloco ?

Ok, so for next trip how to plan my trip?

If you are using a Garmin device then I would suggest that Garmin route planning software would be the first port of call. You have a choice of Mapsource or Basecamp if you use a PC, only Basecamp if you use a Mac. Both are free, both can be downloaded from the Garmin site. Both work without an internet connection so it is possible to plan or modify routes out on the road without worrying about internet connection.. When touring I carry a small notebook computer and have sat in a layby planning a route when the situation suddenly changed. I prefer Mapsource as I find it meets all my needs and is simpler to operate especially on said notebook.

Advantages include the fact that you are planning using exactly the same maps as on your device. You can also select route preferences that match those on your device.

Have a look at them (or just Basecamp if you are a MAC user) both can be made to work and I am informed that Basecamp works better on a Mac than it does on a PC. For me Mapsource does all I need I can drag and drop to create a route very quickly but there again committed Basecamp users say the same.

John

If you are using a Garmin device then I would suggest that Garmin route planning software would be the first port of call. You have a choice of Mapsource or Basecamp if you use a PC, only Basecamp if you use a Mac. Both are free, both can be downloaded from the Garmin site. Both work without an internet connection so it is possible to plan or modify routes out on the road without worrying about internet connection.. When touring I carry a small notebook computer and have sat in a layby planning a route when the situation suddenly changed. I prefer Mapsource as I find it meets all my needs and is simpler to operate especially on said notebook.

Advantages include the fact that you are planning using exactly the same maps as on your device. You can also select route preferences that match those on your device.

Have a look at them (or just Basecamp if you are a MAC user) both can be made to work and I am informed that Basecamp works better on a Mac than it does on a PC. For me Mapsource does all I need I can drag and drop to create a route very quickly but there again committed Basecamp users say the same.

John

Thank you. I'll try next time

Best regards

Adam

Last question, where can I get Mapsource from? I checked Garmin website but I only found Basecamp which is over complicated for me

I can't be much help with Basecamp, there are plenty of others who can help, but if you have questions about Mapsource I can offer some help, just let me know,. Good luck with whatever you do, remember that none of us are born knowing how to use these things.

John

Try this online app http://www.myrouteapp.com/ It's much easier than Basecamp and it based off Google Maps. Just make sure you export the file as GPX 1.0 and not 1.1

But back to the problem of using different maps and being on line it depends on an internet connection. Neither Mapsource or Basecamp need a connection. Mapsource can still be downloaded from Garmin but since they say it is an update you have to download Basecamp first, you can then download the supposed "update" which is in fact a fully working version of Mapsource. Nothing to stop you deleting Basecamp afterwards if you wish.

John

But back to the problem of using different maps and being on line it depends on an internet connection. Neither Mapsource or Basecamp need a connection. Mapsource can still be downloaded from Garmin but since they say it is an update you have to download Basecamp first, you can then download the supposed "update" which is in fact a fully working version of Mapsource. Nothing to stop you deleting Basecamp afterwards if you wish.

John

I'm almost never without internet so not an issue for me.

Back
Top Bottom