NAV VI received.

:aidan
Guys.
I'm new to this site ,so be gentle with me . I've just swapped my KTM 1190 ( it was burning my thigh and arse off - known issue, so it was time to go), anyway I'm now the proud owner of a New R1200 GS and I want to add a Sat Nav to the bike.
Now my question is ; do I go for the V or the VI , I won't be listening to music ( I struggle to do, two things at once anyway ) I just want Navigation and the ability to received the odd phone call ( sorry I don't mean strange phone calls, just infrequent ones !)
Any thoughts ?
Thanks in anticipation.
Livo.
From what you have said I would suggest the nav v
I have today just bought a nav vi only because I want the ability to listen to music and switch between MP4 ect whilst on the road but the price diff is (gulp) something shmbo won't find out
By the way I am selling my v in the for sale section:rob:aidan

Guys.
I'm new to this site ,so be gentle with me . I've just swapped my KTM 1190 ( it was burning my thigh and arse off - known issue, so it was time to go), anyway I'm now the proud owner of a New R1200 GS and I want to add a Sat Nav to the bike.
Now my question is ; do I go for the V or the VI , I won't be listening to music ( I struggle to do, two things at once anyway ) I just want Navigation and the ability to received the odd phone call ( sorry I don't mean strange phone calls, just infrequent ones !)
Any thoughts ?
Thanks in anticipation.
Livo.

Go for the Nav 6. The Nav6 has better routing options for motorbikes, with the ability to prioritise non-motorways but curvy roads etc. This is one of the key upgraded features over the Nav5. I have also found that integration with and iPhone for making and receiving phonecalls is more reliable/stable with the Nav6 compared to the Nav5. Also... the Nav5 is yesterday's tech/model. Eventually it will be phased out, probably fairly quickly once the Nav6 becomes more standard fitment for nav across the range.

Guys.
Any thoughts ?
Thanks in anticipation.
Livo.

Be in no doubt that the NAV 6 is far more practical than Nav 5. It has a feature to eliminate, quickly on screen ( or delete), a missed waypoint whilst on route. This thus allows you to continue on route to the next waypoint without being routed back to the missed waypoint. This can be achieved in Nav 5 but its not simple and when on route you want to keep navigation simple.

The processor is faster so it refreshes the screen and recalculation faster.......this is useful if you want to pan out or in, want to zoom into a junction etc etc.

Thats my take. The rest of it seems nice to have.

After spending the day on my bike with the Nav 6 today, I have to say that I'm not overly impressed with it.

Things I didn't like:

1. Screen glare
2. It gets dirty, quickly, covered in fingerprints
3. Using it to play music, I can't forward to the next song on my Interphone unit, I have to use the screen. This alone has made me disconnect from my headset, so I won't be using the media player
4. I like the way it automatically connected to my phone when I started the bike, but didnt like that once the bike was switched off, any song that you were playing then comes out of the phone speaker. Could be embarrassing if you're listening to the sort of shite I do!:D

I suppose I'd better read the manual, to see if there's a way around these last two issues.

Im using my NAV6 and it does take bit of faf to sort i have done the software updates loaded the 2017.3 maps and OK yes it does show dust etc and gets finger prints but nothing a damp micro fibre cloth don't clean Easy! The music is one of the main things for me I listen to "Radio Dead!" and we use a app called tunein radio from iPhones 6 and 6plus and 6s all three of us have done the usual delete all the crap off the drive foreign manuals, languages,and other un needed stuff put on the speed cameras, the via point delete marker is great for that refreshes good clear screen even when like me i wear transition specs, flip down sun visor and its still good. The hard part we have is this maybe a Geek can help.

We have the Sena 10U or 10r in use on helmets we pair the helmet to the NAV6 as phone 1 then we pair the iPhone to the nav6 and the SR10 for our PMR radio as second phone palring. The PMR works great the Navigation/Routes work great! The phone calls in and out work great.The trouble we have is the Streaming from our iPhones tunein radio app on the iPhone 6 it works great you can see the picture of the artist being played you can use the media buttons on screen or on iwheel to control and all the plus button on send 10u to control all good. Then when we connect a iPhone 6plus or iPhone 6plus s the media player buttons are ghosted out? We have made a get round solution but thats not what we want to do. this is how we have it on the iPhone 6 pluses....we have made playlist with 1 song in it, dropped it into the iPhone music, then we locate the media player blue toothed to nav 6 then start playing the playlist as in 1 song then press play on the radio dead tunein app on iphone it then gives us all the buttons on the Nav media player that were ghosted out? So its a iPhone 6 plus glitch IMHO but what i don't know is different to iPhone 6? The other thing i like about the new Nav 6 is that it will hold all the Map sets without a card and also it refreshes Faster I like it.

Ok, 1st potential issue identified on the Nav6: can anyone else confirm - can they see detailed maps for France? ie, try entering an address anywhere in France... I've used Garmin Express to re-update maps to "Full Coverage of Europe 2017.30", but I can't seem to find France?

Ok, 1st potential issue identified on the Nav6: can anyone else confirm - can they see detailed maps for France? ie, try entering an address anywhere in France... I've used Garmin Express to re-update maps to "Full Coverage of Europe 2017.30", but I can't seem to find France?

That must be the Post-Brexit model you have. :blast

SOLVED.

Ok, so it seems that "Full Coverage of Europe 2017.30" is split into 2 files: All North and All South. If you have this problem,

1) Go to MyGarmin
2) Enter the Serial Number of your Nav6 and click on Retrieve Unlock Codes
3) Reinstall Maps using GarminExpress (this took about 25mins instead of the previous 12mins)
4) On the Nav6, goto All Settings > Map & Vehicle > myMaps, you should now see the additional 2017.30 ALL South listed in addition to ALL North.

Nav6 with matte protective screen to eliminate reflections. I've angled the photos to try and show the maximum amount of reflection you get with the film. Protected from scratches and glare resistance. Result.

33334486660_1ecea12689_c.jpg

33562531132_5c6d6af535_c.jpg

Spareparts, great job, looks fantastic.

Nav6 with matte protective screen to eliminate reflections. I've angled the photos to try and show the maximum amount of reflection you get with the film. Protected from scratches and glare resistance. Result.

33334486660_1ecea12689_c.jpg

33562531132_5c6d6af535_c.jpg

Could you please share a link where did you get them from? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Eliminates reflections and glare off the screen. Image remains sharp. Prevents any smudges or fingerprints.

Just done 300 miles today using my NAV6 can't understand the screen glare? its brilliant works great refreshed faster appears clear and not clatter for me It got to 21.5c today it wa sos sunshiny i use my sunglasses and dark drop down visor no probs with glare ? I arrive home 2 wipes with damp micro cloth all good:) In fact I'm just updating the maps to 2018... If i can get my Tunein radio app to work better through my iPhone 6plus jobs a good un.

Back
Top Bottom