service light

robbie boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys does anyone of you have the machine to turn off my service light
im not going to a BMW garage for it the to charge me £60 to re- set the service light
some drink tokens in it for you . im in livingston just outside edinburgh, i will of course
travel to you at your convenience, please pm me if you can help :thumby:

The GS911 gadget will do this for you, so you need to either find someone with one or buy one. The downside of a local donor is the standard 911's ship with 10 identities so if someone resets yours it will knock one off their unit. Some folk have commercial ones with less limits on users / bikes.

So in summary it might cost you more than beer tokens. My service light has been on two years, doesnt invoke any limp mode so no issues.

As already mentioned, your bike will continue to run fine with the service indicator lit - I've done soooooo many miles with it lit on my various F8GS/F650GS's.

But, if you fancy a nice ride north, a dealer local to me has a fancy dodathingymajig that reads loads of info from the F8GS's, and it can reset the service interval thingy as well.

Just took my F8GS to him on the weekend after I'd given the bike it's post winter clean and full service, wanting to know if the throttle bodies were still in balance and to view any fault codes stored.

No fault codes found :D and the throttle bodies were aligned nicely = result. Whilst it was plugged in I got him to re-set the service thingy, which was done in a trice :thumb2 £30 was the damage.

So travel north to Elgin for a nice ride out / back and look up Willie Young motorcycles.

Just a suggestion

SteveT

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom