Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday 25th March.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Saturday 25th March.

Weather looks good next weekend, haven't met any local GS'ers yet, so is anybody about next Saturday for breakfast/brunch ride?

Al.

Weekends are normally tricky for me as I look after my littl'un on my own but if anyone is about during the week durring school hrs and ever fancies a few hrs out I'm always exploring the area as am still new to this part of the world. (Based between Bideford and Bude)
    - Dave

Any ideas where, what time?
    Yellow 2000 r1150gs

Was waiting to to see what the response was, and where people are from before trying to pick somewhere, was thinking of somewhere either on Dartmoor or Exmoor, but with 106 views and only two replies it seems I may be on my own.

Al.

I know a couple of nice Cafe's for breakfast and can come out to play Saturday morning.

Do you want to pick the place and time and see who turns up? You are not far from me so could either meet on the way or at the cafe, let me know.

Al

I'd be up for it, if you head northwards, was thinking Oakhampton area if you know anywhere
    Yellow 2000 r1150gs

Bowie, how's about Kirstie's in North Tawton? If you're happy with that, Devon Al can meet up with me in Exminster and we'll take a ride out and meet you there mid-morning.
    If you're unable to make that, Al and I can meet up a bit more locally for breakfast and then go for a spin, so let us know. Al, if it's the latter, we could meet at Kenniford Farm or head on up to Dunkerswell, they're both great cafes.

Either option ok with me.

Al.

We can head oop north proper, for a longer ride if you fancy something different and potentially a longer ride too. I know a superb, but little known, cafe on The Mendips. We could head up over The Blackdowns, across The Levels and on up to the cafe. We could then pick a route back on some rather nice roads through Somerton, Martock and down through Colyton, back on the Sidmouth Road and home.
    Bowie could head over and meet up with us here or Taunton, do the run up to the cafe and we could head back via Bridgwater, over The Quantocks to Minehead, split off there and head our respective ways back home
    It would require a prompt start though. It depends on how far people would like to ride, a morning or a full day out? Given the sunny forecast, i'm of the latter variety, but will go with the flow.

Hi, Kirsty's looks good, what time will you be there?
    Yellow 2000 r1150gs

Meeting Al at 0930 and will head straight there on some nice roads, taking a more scenic route on the way back, so will be there by 1030.

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

See you there
    Yellow 2000 r1150gs

Steve, nice to meet you this morning, think Kirstie's should be added to the cafe's and greasy spoons list, Rich, nice to meet you too and thanks for being tour guide, if I don't see you before you you go have a safe trip.

Al.

Falmouth, Cornwall & Halifax, West yorkshire
    How did you guys find the wind over Dartmoor this morning?! I'm sure I saw sheep getting blown away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't go over Dartmoor, came back from North Tawton via edge of Exmoor, didn't notice the wind, but we were full with a breakfast from Kirsties

Al.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast