Anybody got a S1000r

I've owned my 2017 s1000r since may. Just had it's running in service and the 9k rev limiter has been removed. What a missile :eek: only done 800 miles so far but enjoying the power and handling. I p/x'd my 2015 s1000xr for it as I just couldn't bond with it in the 18 months I owned it. The r on the other hand revs me up every time I swing my leg over it. Haven't noticed any handlebar vibes (and I've been looking for them having suffered with them badly on my XR until I fitted heavy bar end weights)
I've added a few after market parts as well as a tomtom satnav mount hard wired in. I don't regret the purchase and think I'll be keeping this for a good few years.

I loved my test run and would order one today but the dealer does not want my 2 year old r1200r with 28000km.

He said it would never sell. ��

There are plenty of other dealers out there dont let that put you off

Going to test ride a s1000r next week
Anybody got one ?
Thanks

Mike
Yes, and I'm really enjoying it. Much more so than the XR I had.
Getting on my S1000R after a longish two up with full luggage hol on my GSA makes it feel sooooo agile!

There are plenty of other dealers out there dont let that put you off

He's right, the average over here is 3000 km per year.
He has still got my last bike in the the showroom and that's been there over 2 years.
And my gs took 5 years to sell.
A lot of dealers will not take anything over 30000 km.
Mike

Yes, and I'm really enjoying it. Much more so than the XR I had.
Getting on my S1000R after a longish two up with full luggage hol on my GSA makes it feel sooooo agile!

That's good to hear, I sold my XR and went back to a GSA the bar vibes were a real let down for me on an otherwise perfect bike. I see the vibe issue has been resolved but I think I shall be enjoying the R, pick it up in two weeks 24-07-17

Terry

That's good to hear, I sold my XR and went back to a GSA the bar vibes were a real let down for me on an otherwise perfect bike. I see the vibe issue has been resolved but I think I shall be enjoying the R, pick it up in two weeks 24-07-17

Terry

It's a funny old game! I traded my air cooled GS (that I had loved for 9 years) for a new GSA in March. 2 months later, I had slight 'buyers' remorse' and felt like I had bought it on auto-pilot, without really checking out the alternatives.......and had a craving for something more 'sporty' (even though in many respects, I loved it)! I tested a KTM Superduke R, the Superduke GT and the 1290 Super Adventure S, then another go on a S1000 XR and S1000R Sport. I was instantly seduced by the power and lightness of the R and traded the GSA for one in June. I have now just had the first 600 mile service done (feels like ground hog day!) and would you believe it, I have even more buyers' remorse! I have the comfort seat, taller screen and factory luggage (tail pack and tank bag) (approx £700 worth of accessories) with the plan to use it as a Euro / holiday tourer (as I always did with my GS) and (even with bar risers/backs) I just can't get comfortable on it! The comfort seat is fine and the screen is fine, but the riding position and the harder suspension (compared to a GS) makes me really miss a GS (with the wide bars, relaxed riding position and long travel on the suspension). When you change bikes, you realise what you had! I am now looking to switch back to a GS (non adventure), reason being that in hot weather, I prefer some wind on my legs and the GSA blocks all wind to the lower body. The question now is which model. Standard GS or 'Rallye'. Also, the announcement in the last few days of the new models coming in September adds another variable! I also need to ride a R1200 R before committing. I miss the Boxer engine and the shaft drive. Not as exhilarating to ride BUT I reckon I can cover ground much faster on a GS than I can on a S1000!

That's the waiting over, pick my S 1000 R up in the morning, pics to follow

Terry

Just got it back home, love it
2ce983993ad8aaeb7ae06e5578525d8f.jpg
6d1d2f30fd7d7934c56336994cda2fcf.jpg

Took the side fairings off to wire up the navigator and there is 2 plugs on the left hand side but only one that the connector fits the plug with the two wires doesn't fit the plugs. Sat Nav powers up but don't think the bike data is working?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took the side fairings off to wire up the navigator and there is 2 plugs on the left hand side but only one that the connector fits the plug with the two wires doesn't fit the plugs. Sat Nav powers up but don't think the bike data is working?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike integration with the Nav units don't work on this bike

I had one for about 18 months.

Great. I remember the first time I rode a demo....the first adjective that came to mind was "nasty"..... heh.

Magnificent engine, stupendous brakes.

I loved the engine so much I bought an XR.

Handles even better, and the QS is fantastic.

A gentleman's sport bike....

DSC02191%20-%20Copy%20%282%29.JPG

Back
Top Bottom